2016 Genesis

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

2016 Genesis

Post by wxo »

Just a few shots of Randi's new ride. V6, 311hp, direct injection, rwd, 8spd auto :mrgreen:
IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG
IMG_3149.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG
Basement Paul

Re: 2016 Genesis

Post by Basement Paul »

I don't think there's an ugly Genesis in the lineup. Their styling is really well done. Nice car!

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

This model is also offered with a 420Hp 5.0 V8. With RWD and an 8 spd auto, it would to be a sweet hot rod. A coupe is available, also.
wxo

Post by wxo »

This past weekend I did my first oil change on Randi's hot rod at 22,200 miles. This was quite a project. This car has panels underneath covering all of the drivetrain with no access to the oil filter or drain. I believe later models does provide access covers for this purpose. There are front and rear interlocking covers with 14 10mm screws and a handful of plastic rivets which hold it in place. By the time I had finished crawling around under there, I could feel every muscle in my body aching. Randi heard me grunting and moaning and came out to the garage to see if I was OK.

Once the covers were removed, the first thing I noticed was the front to back true dual exhausts. What a surprise. Rear wheel drive and dual exhaust. I'm impressed with the overall design and build quality of the car (except for the under panels). The engine is a 3.8l direct injected double overhead cam V6 with 311hp at 6000 rpm. It takes 7.29 quarts of oil. It is serious fun to drive and even has paddle shifters for the 8 speed auto. :mrgreen:

I wrote down all the necessary details and steps of the project in a document for reference the next time I do this. It should be a lot easier next time.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Rachel's 2013 Charger also has underbody panels that have to come off for oil change. Hers has 4 10 mm bolts which is not too bad. I expect this to be more and more common as car makers look for ways to eek out more performance from their vehicles.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

My '14 F150 has the same type of thing under-drivetrain cover, maybe 4-6 bolts. It's a little annoying. In true Ford fashion, two of them are 90* twists that require pliers to turn after a little rust, and 4 are bolts.

Kinda neat to hear the Genesis has true duals.

-Dave