Chip off the old block

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

Re: Chip off the old block

Post by Racin'Jacin »

BP, I could have likely driven out of it with the injector because I would have been full throttle - so modulating from 100% pedal is much easier than trying to do it at 30% pedal which is what I was here. I did run partway after the landing - 124mph in the 1/8th and I lifted - which is my fastest mph in the 1/8th. It's alot harder to pedal it now. I will look at changing the pedal ratio and angle to see if that helps any.
wxo

Post by wxo »

Love that photo! Any chance I could get a hi-res image of it?
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Great picture showing a seriously fun pass. "Ride 'em Cowboy!"
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

wxo wrote:Love that photo! Any chance I could get a hi-res image of it?
I found this one on facebook, my buddy I think knows the photographer so I may get a better resolution photo later. I
LOVE this shot!!!!
Attachments
wheelsup
wheelsup
wxo

Post by wxo »

When you mentioned finding the photo on Facebook, I thought "well, is this really a photo of your famous wheelie?" So I pulled up the image from Tiresmoke and looked closely at the picture and there it was, after watching the step by step construction...I would recognize that bugcatcher anywhere. :mrgreen:
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Just too update this old post. I finally got the car out again this year for the 2020 RocknRace. Only got one pass in - left like a grandma coming from church (that was in fact the plan) although I left a bit easier than I really wanted and while cutting the WORST 60' of my life (in that car) a 1.7 I made my FASTEST run yet. 9.15 @ 154mph. So as a numbers guy you vant help but doing some simple math.....had I cut a 1.3 (which I did regularly with the injected motor) I would have gone an easy 8.75!!!!!! So I have some GOALS - 8's here we come. Still need to look over everything - only thing I did so far was to de-fuel it. Got sidetracked as I often do. Still majorily stoked with this injector!!!! Sorry no killer pics this year but I do have a straight chassis this time!!!!

Jacin
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's fun knowing there's a lot more potential there. Gives you something to look forward to next time out. Great MPH!

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Opps that's not it - - try this one!
Attachments
117540983_3464274466945621_6085900105997630251_o.jpg