1985 V8-S10 Blazer

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Re: 1985 V8-S10 Blazer

Post by Basement Paul »

Can I guess that somehow the throttle linkage got a hold of the harness? Seems like the only moving part under there. Or maybe the TV cable for the trans? I think I'd like to know it won't happen again once the new one is installed. Might be good to have Gwen work the throttle while you watch things move under the hood. Just in case.

Did you tell them your dog's name is Holley?

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

So figured I would follow up a little bit.. I installed the new unit from Holley and it worked just as expected, woohoo!

One thing that has bugged me about the Sniper is being super touchy and tough to modulate, especially off-idle. The primary/secondary linkage is 1:1 like a double-pumper. They sell a progressive linkage kit that opens the primaries about 40% before the secondaries start to open. It's just a simple little rod. There's also a checkbox and a value for TPS % where the secondaries actually start opening in the software. You just look at the TPS value on the screen until you feel the secondaries just start to open.

What. A. Difference. It's so much nicer/easier to drive! It's a heckuva lot easier to stage a little bit, and with the help of my converter, really come off the line really nice. It's totally nicer for pulling out of the driveway, or just driving in traffic. Honestly, they should just come with the progressive linkage and throw the 1:1 rod into the box for those that want it.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, I think my time with this truck is coming to an end. Officially listed for sale on FB Marketplace and craigslist.

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 60153.html

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Looks good. I have no idea the market for this - hopefully it will move relatively quickly
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The ad looks real nice.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Price Drop, $6500