2009 Chevy Impala LS

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Re: 2009 Chevy Impala LS

Post by MostMint »

while I have been working on selling this car, it started acting up with the ABS light/chime problem. It has had this problem before but and the computer code always said left front hub. I replaced the hub, the pigtail, even switched hubs between fronts and was able to get it under control.

This time I decided there was some problem upstream of the pigtail. So last night I followed the wire bundle up to the ABS control module. Sure enough I found a section where the wires were laying on the transmission and evidence it was rubbing on the trans in one spot. I put the plastic wire loom holder back on the stud there and replaced the corrugated wire loom with a new piece. Presto problem fixed!

One thing I see on this police car is that the corrugated wire loom gets brittle and falls apart - mostly due to sitting there idling so many hours which eventually wrecks the plastic.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Well the problem returned the next drive. Yesterday I confirmed the problem was with LF then I removed the entire wire for LF ABS from the factory wire loom. It looked good toward the ABS module end. I had added a longer wire and a junkyard pigtail before. This all made the wire very long. So I shortened it up and removed some questionable wire and reconnected. I put the entire wire in it’s iwn loom, zip ties it in place following the factory path down the lower control arm and put it back together. It worked on the test drive
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

B35E8455-115B-4593-9093-7561327C3F25.jpeg
Today Elwood was sold. Chapter closed.
-BP[/quote]