F-150

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

F-150

Post by Basement Paul »

:lol:
I'm going the way of the darkside again and buying a Ford truck. It's an F-150 with a regular cab, short bed, and 2wd. It's got a 5.0 with an auto trans, and nice alloy wheels.
It's an XLT so it's got windows/locks/cruise/cassette. It's also got a nice two tone black & gray metallic paint.
The truck is nice and has about 135k miles.

The only thing it needs is a couple leafs on the driver's side spring, and one leaf on the passenger's spring. I bought the truck for $1000 plus tax.

I know it's no Fiero...in fact it's quite opposite, but I should be able to run it all winter and at least clear my investment in the Spring.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I just saw the pics your dad sent out -- dude, that thing looks awesome for $1000. Regular cab, short-bed, 2wd... perfect. nice wheels, huh..

What kind of gears does it have? 8.8 or 9-inch rear? Perfect time to change gears when you take the springs out! How much will the new springs cost?

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

A set of used springs should be about $180. Hopefully I only need to buy one used springs and just put leafs where I need them. Then maybe I can get away with around $100 or so.

Bailis and I just bet that his truck is faster than this one. :twisted: I can't wait to eat my free cheeseburger...

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Paul-

I'm betting you'll be running 17.3s to my 17.0s.

Bring it on, man..... :)

BTW, I was runner-up in truck class, .497 in the finals. Ran 17.08 on a 16.98 dial.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The way I see it, you'll be running 17.0's to my 16.8's... :twisted:

I like mine with lots of ketchup...

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

There's a guy at my work, Ted, that I'm helping with his cam swap on his '71 Vette. He has a 1995 Honda Passport that he's looking to trade me for my F150 and $500 from me.
It's got 115k and is in good shape (no rust). If his wife will let him, the deal should be done this week.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Done deal. I'm now the owner of a nice 1995 Honda Passport, which I'm intending to sell quickly once I do a couple little things...

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Basement Paul wrote:which I'm intending to sell quickly once I do a couple little things...
We're not worthy, we're not worthy! You are the Chuppa of buy low and sell high!
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Hummmmm... Cheeeeeesburger.

Double or nothing?
Maximum Ram vs Honda Pisspot :lol: ....uh, er, ummm, Passport. 8)
I may even spot ya some time, just not sure how much yet.

Man, you go thru cars.... You definitely have the right job!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I probably won't race this one, it's not fast. It's got 175hp and 185 lbs of torque and it weighs over 4000 lbs... = high 17's.

It's nothing but an investment. I'll send Andy a picture to post a link to.

Great news today, basically we all just got a significant pay cut here at work. :( Awesome.

-BP