OPERATION JACKASS

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

OPERATION JACKASS

Post by Racin'Jacin »

I don't know if I mentioned this on here or not - if I did consider this an update.

About 2 weeks ago someone came into my BACK YARD and STOLE the GLASS GLOBES off my 50's gas pumps. One was Sinclair Aircraft the other Sinclair DINO - both were slightly unusual as they had GLASS BODIES instead of those cheap CAPCO Plastic bodies you usually see 99% of the time.

Same night my buddy Stan had his Lawn Jockey stolen as well (he's 6 miles away from me). His CAST IRON Jockey was set in 180lbs of concrete - they took EVERYTHING while Stan slept 15 feet away. Never woke him (not surprising) or the DOG (very surprising).

Anyways I just heard that someone also STOLE the Visible gas pump over at OK CAR WASH on Vine St. I think the pump may have been repop, but I'm not sure.

I also heard someone broke into Walkers Hardware and robbed them as well. All of this has happened in the last month or so.

Personally I greatly under estimated their audacity going into my backyard - I never would have guessed it. I have since replaced the globes - mostly since it pissed me off to look over at them with the globes missing. I have rigged up some surprises for the next jackalope that may come into my yard - I still want to add in some "game cameras" to capture their dumbass faces - I just don't know what brand to get - I am of course looking for the best bang for my buck - any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Tonight I spent the evening sweating my &^^%$ off anchoring my visible to the concrete - plus a little extra there as well ;-)

So anyways - let this be a warning - I have talked to guys at work who had their houses broken into as well - lots of lights and motion sensors didn't help when they do it at 11:30 in the morning!!!

I am also looking to add some laser beams as well - no reason anyone has to be back there so I might as well go overboard.

Done venting!! THERE I feel a teeny tiny bit better!!

Jacin
Basement Paul

Re: OPERATION JACKASS

Post by Basement Paul »

I had a customer of mine in Willoughby get broke into several times at his shop. The moron doing it was taking all his stuff to the scrapyard and one of the victim's friends happened to be at the scrapyard when "the moron" was unloading the stolen merchandise. Needless to say, the moron is now in police custody. I could get the detective's information should you try to find out if it's the same moron, if you're interested.

I'll be at work tomorrow too if you want something to do.

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

TigerDirect has some video camera setups and dvd recorders. I will be getting one here in the next few months.
Matt Sutter
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Paul, sorry I missed you today. I just couldn't seem to drag my lazy ass out of bed this morning.

Kinda bummed, I was looking forward to rummaging thru the "junk" to see what goodies might be hiding for the next phase of Operation Jackass!!! :-)