1995 Volkswagen Passat

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

VeeDub

1995 Volkswagen Passat

Post by VeeDub »

MPH's new whip. 2.8 VR6, 5 speed, leather, loaded- everything except a sunroof. 80,000 miles, very clean!
Previous owner had installed a nice stereo with blue tooth and amplifier. He added the debadged grill, "wolfsburg" side marker emblems and had the deck lid painted and left those rear emblems off, which I prefer. Also the stock 15" wheels were swapped for 17" VW "Long beach" wheels from a 2003 (ish) Jetta. Other than that its stock (which is great)!
The car also has a new A/C evaporator and lines but needs a new compressor. New Headliner and recent timing chains. All good stuff that I dont have to mess with 8) .
It was a little older than we wanted but it is pretty darn nice. Tiresmoker went with us to pick it up. After the title transfer, the previous owner showed the 3 of us his home that he's restoring and it is beautiful. The local news paper did an article on the restoration. Ive never seen so much Figured Cherry and Tiger maple! Really neat stuff. He's a Painesville City Council man and a real nice guy. If the house is an indicator of how he does stuff, the Passat should treat us well.

Basement Paul

Re: 1995 Volkswagen Passat

Post by Basement Paul »

Nice looking ride for sure. DTM exhaust tips too.

-BP
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

actually ..when I saw the exhaust tips in the original for sale photo, I thought uh oh.... one of those vw's :roll: . What's wrong with that picture kinda thoughts. Molly wanted to go look at it anyway. To my surprise that was it, well except the bumper was trimmed for the tips to fit :x .
Stylez :wink:
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Had the axle flange seals done here http://www.germanautopros.com/
It was nice not having to do them myself :mrgreen: I just have to many car projects at this time. They had been bad for a little while.
If anybody needs a german car worked on, I would suggest him. Cary is his name. I sold him a Audi 1.8T head I had sittin around. At that time he gave me a quote on the work. great prices.
The yellow scirrocco on his web page has a Corrado VR6 swapped in it. It was cool to talk shop with him.