1972 Maverick Sprint - Phase 2

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

GMJohnny

Re: 1972 Maverick Sprint - Phase 2

Post by GMJohnny »

Bravo!!! I'll give the tread a standing ovation!! Now, make the truck better than
the Maverick was.

GM
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Got an email today from the new owner. His wife is a teacher and was notified that her contract may not be renewed next year so they need to sell the Sprint.

Then someone on the Maverick forum noticed this CR ad. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPRINT-/ ... true#v4-36 I'm waiting to see if anyone on the forum recognizes the car.
Maverick
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

Just checked in the forum today. first time in months. Saw this post. Somehow it makes me feel sad. I hoped the guy that bought it would keep it a long time. BTW, how much did he pay for it?
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

He paid $10.5 plus probably $1K for shipping. He also had the mufflers replaced (again). He put Magnaflows back on it, which is what gave me the HORRIBLE drone. But he left the 12" glasspacks that I had put on as resonators. Maybe it'll be OK that way. I thought it sounded great with the Thrush Turbos and glasspack resonators but maybe when I was his age, ...

He didn't get any offers yet and the ad expires soon.

Funny thing is when I offered it up on the Maverick forum for $14K, I didn't get any offers or serious responses. He puts it on ebay for $13.5K and the Maverick forum guys are posting compliments, saying its worth the price and even cheap. Go figure.
Maverick
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's easy to "say" that it's cheap, but nobody is ponying up the dough either. I think the $10.5 was fair and is about all he'll be able to get out of it either. I bet if you offered him the money he paid for it, you'd get it back...

You could start a new thread by saying: "So I bought the Maverick back, drove it home from Egypt, and man does this thing drone on the freeway"...

-BP
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

Maverick wrote:Funny thing is when I offered it up on the Maverick forum for $14K, I didn't get any offers or serious responses. He puts it on ebay for $13.5K and the Maverick forum guys are posting compliments, saying its worth the price and even cheap. Go figure.
It's only ever worth what someone will pay. Comments are what's "cheap"

Anyway that Maverick still lools great.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

The ebay listing ended with no bids.
Maverick
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

A friend here noticed this.

http://www.wplr.com/chaz-aj/2013/09/1 ... ick-sprint

The picture came from Prestige Motorsports web site. Prestige built the 347 stroker that's in the Sprint.
Maverick
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's gone, but it's still really cool to see your handiwork still out there getting recognition. Awesome!

-BP
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Probably 2 years ago I had to give this stuff away to get it out of the limited storage area and avoid scraping them. Could not sell them. Gary came from the Charlotte area to get these and other things. He's been trying to sell them since he got them. Hope he succeeds 'cause the stuff is too good to throw out.

http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=95570
Maverick
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Since Photobucket crapped out on us, there are no pictures of the Maverick on this thread. Thought there should be one so here it is.
Jim's Sprint.jpg
Maverick