1966 OLDS 442

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: Basement Paul, MostMint, Fred32v, ttamrettus, wxo

GMJohnny

Re: 1966 OLDS 442

Postby GMJohnny » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:28 pm

I got the dash project wrapped up this morning. Another three plus hours devoted to stuff nobody
can see. I removed the courtesy lights from under the dash. I re-configured my tach wires so I can
use the hot point on the fuse block for my distributor upgrade. While doing my clean up under the
dash, I found the factory wire hook up for the reverse lights. I had found a way to make them work
when I got them working, but the harness I found went through the firewall in a factory way, so I
put it back into service. After this was all done, I got the shop vac out and cleaned up before installing
the seats. Now the interior is looking way better than it did going into winter. I decided to fire it up
and take it out for a spin. It fired up after a few hearty pumps and did everything as it should. I was
able to road test my Redi-Rad radio set up and it was perfect. I love the sound of the 10 OHM single
speaker coming out of the middle of the dash! Before heading in for the day, I programmed the rev
limiter on my new distributor. I'll wait until next weekend for that job, assuming the weather holds
for me.

GM

Return to “Projects”