TRP 9-12-18

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

TRP 9-12-18

Post by Basement Paul »

So Dave and I decided to go out last night to the track. It was a beautiful night and he wanted to run his Chevelle. So we went!

After the dust settled, Dave was quicker than me with consistent runs in the 12.4's and he went three rounds in Animal. And since he was running Animal, I might as well too. I was able to avenge his 3rd round loss to the Chrysler 300C in the semi-finals and was even able to take home the win in 5 rounds with no bye-runs. I was about the slowest vehicle in the field dialed at 12.54 all night. I apparently found my spot on the tree with my worst light at .07, but the rest were .02-.04. That's my first Animal win with the S-10 ever and the first time I've won Animal probably since the Trans Am. Needless to say I was pretty happy about the whole thing, and the $50 that comes with the winners trophy was a nice bonus!

-BP
Attachments
IMG_20180912_214244944.jpg
IMG_20180912_184025540.jpg
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP 9-12-18

Post by TireSmoker »

Yeah, it was a great day to head out to the track. DA was 2500ish when we got there and dropped to 2200ish as the night went on. I wanted to run Animal, because I really want to try for a third trophy this year in my third car. I won Stock with Tony's car and won Truck in the Blazer, and I've had a lot of decent reaction times this year.

I got two time runs, and I had .0x lights on both runs. I went 12.44 and 12.50 in time runs. I was concerned about slowing down .06 between runs, but Paul slowed down about the same between his runs, so I chalked it up to conditions. First round, I dialed 12.45. The guy red lighted against me, but I didn't see my win light till I crossed the line. Good thing he lit the red, because I went 12.4479. 2nd round, I dialed 12.43 and cut a .004 light, and lifted for the win. Sweeet.

Third round, I was in the first pair of Animal cars after Bike. My dial-in board showed 10.90, so I waved to Grant before I even did my burnout. He pointed to the board at the end of the track which had my 12.43 dialin. I did my burnout, got staged, and all of a sudden realized I didn't know what gear my shifter was in (I leave with the shifter in 2nd), so slightly I was slightly flustered. The 300C I was running against was dialed in 11.78, and I felt like I just had him covered and pedaled it once in the traps, and he comes flying by, and his win light comes on. fuuuudddgggeee. He cut a worse .22 to my crappy .18, but he ran 11.78 on 11.78 dial. I went 12.49 on 12.43. Margin of Victory of .015. I probably shouldn't have lifted. Seeing Paul avenge my loss next round was satisfying.. :-) Seeing him get the win was even better!

The Chevelle just ran sweet the whole day. It's pure pleasure to drive and even more fun to race. It launched consistently all night long, with 1.6x 60ft times, and I didn't have any issues with the starter this time. Not gonna lie, it's neat seeing the Cowl Induction open on launch and close in the traps. This was my first outing since getting it hooked up.

-Dave
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

For you folks that don't follow us on Facebook, the following is what I posted on BP's trophy picture.

OK! You won Truck, Stock, and Animal Eliminator in one summer off racing,
I see the Golf in action so you can add that Front Drive class Trophy.
I'm not sure what you can do to win a Bike trophy.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Hot damn.....those are some ridiculously good reaction times.

Sounds like fun. Sadly, I was still in the office when you both got home from TRP. :wink: