Spring Carlisle 2018

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Spring Carlisle 2018

Post by Fred32v »

Time to set some time aside for SPRING CARLISLE 2018 !!!!!

Spring Carlisle 2018 runs from Wednesday April 18th through Sunday April 22nd.
It looks like we will do what we did last year,
arriving on Wednesday and returning home on Saturday,
walking our legs off on Thursday and Friday.

Are you in ???

Let me know, I'd like to book a room or two before the end of January.

'Smoke has the grill and stuff.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Re: Spring Carlisle 2018

Post by Basement Paul »

I think 32V meant arrive later on Wed, and troll the Meat on Thursday and Friday. I'm in.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I'll be there. I'm not 100% certain on the schedule, but that's normal. More than likely,
I will come up on Thursday for grilling of the meat and then leave Saturday early.

GM
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Yep, Wednesday, I did an edit. Thanks. :oops:
Fred32v
wxo

Post by wxo »

I"m coming. I have visions of a BP burger as we speak. :mrgreen:
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

After missing last year's fun, I'll be there this year.

-Dave
wxo

Post by wxo »

This is tough to do, but I want to cancel out of this year's Carlisle meet. I visited with daughter, Shari, and her family this weekend in Georgia and learned that both my grandson and granddaughter have prominent roles in their high school play scheduled for our Carlisle dates. If there is a tie, family time is precious and must win. I'm very sorry to miss it. Hopefully next year.
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Sorry to miss you Walt.

Haven't heard from Ttamrettus and is Dad?

How about Akrover?

I'd like to hear something this week so I can book rooms.
Fred32v
AKROVER

Post by AKROVER »

Sorry so slow in responding. My calendar has been a little fluid lately. Count me in.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Sorry to see you won't be in WXO, but great to see AK is in. We might have a newbie for this years event too, but I'll wait to post on that for just a bit...

-BP
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Yes, I am thinking about finally making it! I also have a ton of hotel points, so I could look into that. I’m guesssing the Fairfield since I’m Marriott. Don’t need much for the truck, but I will have a new ride soon to replace the other SRT-10. Something more relevant to this forum. I’ll provide details in a week. UPDATE: I got two rooms with 2 queen beds each there. Looks pretty close to event. I can cancel easy since I’m platinum with them.
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

I got revised marching orders from Fred. Switched to the Residence Inn. I have three suites, each has king bed and a sofa bed. I couldn’t use points this far out but locked in at $200 a night.
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Way to go Matt, welcome to the party! Three suites.
So far we have TheRookie, Myself, BasementPaul, GMJohnny, Tiresmoke, and AKRover. Three in a room.
The third suite is for Matt S. and Big Mike. Matt if your coming with Big Mike, that third room is for you guys,
if Big Mike can't make it, you can fit in one of the other rooms, but let us know whatever!
There is room for one or two more guys if anyone might be interested and doesn't mind sleeping on the floor.

The Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisburg Carlisle is a serious upgrade for us. The address;
1 Hampton Ct. Carlisle, Pa. (717) 610-9050 (around $200/night)
When you exit the PA Turnpike at Carlisle, go Northeast onto Rte. 11, The Harrisburg Pike, just like always,
but the Residence by Marriott is almost right there on the left.

'Smoke, if you get the grill and supplies to me I'll clean it and review the supplies,
if not the grill stuff is on you, grins.

REVIEW the DATES, arriving for dinner Wednesday April 18th, departing Saturday the 21st.

Wow, this is getting exciting!
Fred32v
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Being that it's my first one, I wanted to get a sense of how things work. Do most vendors take credit card or PayPal these days? Or do I show up with bunch of cash stashed in room safe? Should I make a list of things I'm looking for to share with others, assuming we split up a bit. I'm 95% sure I am driving up the truck, so I'll have room if I want to buy anything large-ish like wheels or bumper. Mainly just keeping an eye out for little things like chrome trim pieces for the GTO and other items that regularly fail.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's pretty much an all cash deal. The place we used to go didn't have a room safe, but there's enough of us that this was never an issue. There are ATMs there if you were concerned about carrying a lot of money, but the fees would be pretty high. It's not an un-safe environment, and there's lots of guys carrying lots more cash than you... The official vendors (guys with real businesses) will take credit cards, but normally give cash discounts.
We normally are pretty good at staying mostly together, and with phones, it's even easier. We're not in any hurry, but over two days we're able to cover all of the meat and have time to double back over sections we missed. When you first get there, they provide you with a map too so you can remember how to get back to vendor sites that you wanted to revisit.

-BP