Canton Proformance 11/4/17

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Canton Proformance 11/4/17

Post by MostMint »

If the weather is anything close to decent I will be headed to this event.

I need some 15x8 4x100 wheels with 5" backspacing for the Saturn. I can buy 'em new for $82 a piece hoping to do better than that, plus whatever race car things I might find there.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: Canfield Proformance 11/4/17

Post by MostMint »

Well the event was in Canton not Canfield which caused me a bit of extra driving :lol:

Getting to Stark County fairgrounds I was amazed how many cars were there. The advertisement said two indoor buildings and outdoor spaces which made me think small. No!

This was not on the scale of Canfield or Carlisle but the quality of the vendors (mostly people selling their used race cars and parts) was much better - much less of your swap meet regulars with cheap tools, clothes, trinkets. It was a good 90 minutes to get through it all.

Also headed to a performance meet I learned what is readily available there. 1) aluminum racing seats 2) coilover springs 3) racing wheels - I'm sure there are many others but these stuck out. As far as seats they are like shoes you need the right size. So I figure these seats are what came with the car but did not fit the new owner. The main audience seems to be short track oval be it dirt or paved.

So my purchases include
- pair of 400 lbs/inch coilover springs $20
- adjusters for ride height $10
IMG_2127.JPG
- racing seat - 16". Will need to get all the guys to sit in it to see if it fits. Worth a shot for $40
IMG_2125.JPG
- a pair of leaf springs for Kurt's school project $15
- Sparco single layer firesuit $50

Most racing wheels were 5 lug and not with the deep backspacing I need for the Saturn.

Talking with one of the sellers I realized that performance meets can't really be during the racing season since everyone is racing.

I did not buy this but I'm thinking we can fabricate something like this to help with lateral head support:
IMG_2126.JPG

I will be making the drivers side left on a hinge to make it easier to get into the car.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]