TRP July 26th, 2017

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

TRP July 26th, 2017

Post by Fred32v »

A late afternoon text from BP tells me he and ‘Smoke are going to TRP. With nothing more fun to do, I was in!
I did forget my camera, the few pictures I took were with my LG306G phone. I did get the RED light out of my system.
After two rounds in TRUCK, there were only three trucks left and one fellow already had a bye run
so I got to draw for a pass into the finals, but my 6 of clubs lost to a 7 of diamonds.
Then my best run of the night a 15.24 at 89.78 was a breakout on my 15.32 dial. Felt good to win a few rounds.

BP and ‘Smoke were in STOCK. After four rounds, there were only four cars left,
they both made it to this point and were positioned so they wouldn’t race each other until the Final.
BP made it, the Chevelle, in a tight race, was bested by .04 loss, sad end to a very good night.
Well OK, maybe next time.

Anyway, BP went on to take the Final win. He had a .008 light and ran 12.50 on a 12.52 dial,
but the Mustang had a -03 red and “The Little Red S10 That Could” did it again!
Practice round that Could Have Been the FINAL.
Practice round that Could Have Been the FINAL.
"OH YEAH" was there.
"OH YEAH" was there.
Ho Hum.  Awesome result!
Ho Hum. Awesome result!
As always, TRP is serious fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP July 26th, 2017

Post by TireSmoker »

Yeah, the Tiresmoke.Org/TeamPenske Chevelle was running good last night. Upon Paul's suggestion, I lowered my staging RPM from 2000 to 1500 and that really improved my traction consistency. I had a best 60ft of 1.72, which I thought was really good, especially running through the mufflers. Best 60ft on old slicks and open exhaust is 1.63. Best run of the night was 12.75 @ 104 (thru mufflers). DA was around 3300' when we first got there.

All 3 of my time runs, plus my first 3 rounds were all in lane 2. When Round 4 came up, the other guy got lane choice and put me in Lane 1. Unfortunately, it didn't work as well for me, and I spun, running 12.89 on a 12.78 dial, with an awful .18 RT. He had a .17 RT and went 13.35 on a 13.28 dial-in. On my prior run, I had a .02 light and went 12.80 on a 12.78 dial. Dang. But I had no red lights all night.

A final round against BP would've been awesome.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Re: TRP July 26th, 2017

Post by Basement Paul »

I was sooooo hoping Dave would have made it to the finals, but it wasn't meant to be. Another five rounds of fun for sure! Like I told Dave, I'm having so much fun with this truck. Probably my favorite car to drive that I've owned except maybe my Pinto. And there's still plenty of Summer left!

-BP