TRP 11-12-16

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

TRP 11-12-16

Post by Basement Paul »

Forecast for Saturday is 48deg with sunny intervals and 1% chance of precip. Perfect! I'll be at TRP chasing that 12.30...

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP 11-12-16

Post by TireSmoker »

If I can get the radiator back in time, I'll be there with the Chevelle. Worst case, maybe I'll bring the Cobalt.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

So the weather was PERFECT for getting good numbers! Just about everyone got their personal best. I know I'm more than happy going into winter with the numbers I got. I made three passes today. The first was a 12.28 with a little pedaling off the line. The second pass was more aggressive against TireSmoker and I ran a 12.24. My last pass, also against 'Smoker was a 12.19 at 111.91. I'm really happy with that number! The truck is still in one piece, and with my 1.85 60' time, I know there's still a decent amount of time left once I do the rearend swap. I think on a day like today, all things being equal except the new rear and CalTracs, and I'll see an 11.9x. There's my motivation for the winter to get the swap done.

I won't spill the beans on what other TS members did, but end of the day, it was all great!

-BP

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Everyone had a good time at TRP. It was 43 degrees.
My "OH YEAH!" Silverado really liked the cold temperatures.
I was only going to watch BP's S10, so I had a half tank of gas
and was not expecting much. Wrong. I had a best past of
14.85 @ 92.91 mph with a 60' of 2.13 and backed that run up
with a 14.86.

ImageImageImage

I think BP got all the white time slips, but 'Smoke has a little better number.
BP vs Tiresmoke https://youtu.be/QgUHwmaCDPE

Tony also had great numbers, in the picture of his Chevelle above,
is that light under those front tires?
Chevelle vs Hemi https://youtu.be/cKF_8WIhJ1Y

As always, TRP is seriously great fun, sometimes it's even more fun!!!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Today was the closest thing to perfect conditions I've ever seen. According to http://airdensityonline.com we had a density altitude of -69 feet!

My first pass suffered from a bunch of wheel spin, netting me a 12.42 @ 107. I've been suspicious that the cold-air intake I made up this summer was hurting instead of helping. I pulled it off after the first pass and put my old filter right on the end of the throttle body. Next pass, 12.18 @ 109.75 -- best ET ever and best MPH with the 383! So I think the cold-air intake will get sold.

I made this run against Paul, but he tree'd me (.02 vs .19), so even though he went 12.24 to my 12.18, he got to the stripe before me.

Our next heads-up run, I was determined to not give up the holeshot again, but I turned on the red-light, -.005 to Paul's .04. I could only muster a 12.27 to Paul's 12.19, so he beat me to the stripe again.

The good news was my 60fts were in the 1.6x range, with a best of 1.64. I only got a 60-ft time on 3 of my 5 passes, but they were 1.64, 1.64 and 1.68. The 'bad' news is that my slicks are pretty much done. I can see some cords on one of them. Time for new slicks or drag radials. I bought these current ET Street's waaaay back in 2003 or 2004, so I got my money's worth.

-Dave
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Well, I definitely had a nice time at the Thunder Capital this past Saturday. It was great hanging out with all three of the aforementioned guys.....and the weather really wasn't as cold as most of the Saturdays in November that I've experienced at TRP. It was such a nice time that the alleged cheeseburger sold at the concession stand was almost enjoyable to eat. Almost.

BP and I got to walk about a half mile or so looking for my oil fill cap that jumped off the motor....ending my day somewhat prematurely. But we got a ride back in an old school Hemi. And I have some video of the green Chevelle running against the blue Chevelle.....and that's pretty cool in and of itself. Dave, Paul, and I have our cars up and running at the same time. And Fred has a 14 second truck. Life is grand!

Between my dyno session on Friday and watching Paul run my car against Dave one pass....where BP loaded up the convertor as best he could, I have to finally submit to Fred and Dave's recommendation that my car desperately needs a new convertor.

To Infinity.....and Beyond

-T
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's 12's all day when you do that, and still have your same drivability you have now. With your new tires, hooking up will not be a problem either. Win - win!

-BP