Mid Ohio Vintage Weekend

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

VeeDub

Mid Ohio Vintage Weekend

Post by VeeDub »

On Sunday, I met up with Tiresmoker and his father at Mid-Ohio. The weather was perfect. Dave and his Dad in there '63 Vette. I went in the VR.
I had a great time. All sorts of great cars to see, old and new - foreign and domestic - street and full race. Something for everyone's tastes.
The 3 of us got to participate in a couple of parade laps. I figured we would idle around in 2nd gear. But I was wrong and a few times we got to get on it a bit.... To entertain the crowd of course 8)
The racing was very entertaining. One race had 2 LMP1 ( one being an Audi prototype from circa '99!) cars and a Can Am car racing each other amongst other car types. Also another great race was featuring some 60's and 70's Trans Am cars. We had great seats in the shade and the sweet sounding vintage engines coming through thunder valley!
The day wasn't finished with that. Dave and his dad suggested taking some 2 lane roads home. So we spent a few hours with some spirited driving through twisties and small towns. We even had stop light drag race, just like we were kids again! :)
Both cars performed without incident. Pretty neat -because, we have had these cars down to bare bones at one point, with help from each other and others fix, restore and modifiy them. Now they're being driven and enjoyed like they should be. Here's a few pics from me. Tiresmoker should have some media to share also.

V8 Miata
Image Image

Me (below)...Just a little out of place :P
Image Image