Thompson Oct 8th, 2011

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Thompson Oct 8th, 2011

Post by wxo »

While the Mostmint Racing Team was turning laps at Nelson Ledges ChumpCar race, 32V, BP, WXO and Randi took a ride to TRP to get some time slips.

WXO and Smoke managed only one time-slip due to heavy turnout on a beautiful mid-70's day in Northern Ohio. Hot off the street Smoke turned a 14:32 at 97 MPH. A turbo Eclipse (I think), after giving me a 4 second head start came blowing by Ol' Smoke at the finish line to take the win.

We had plenty of time to cool for a second run, but that was not to be. Thirteens are in sight, though!

Check out the video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHX_ImWfjXQ[/youtube]

There is video of BP's 13:73 run available to be posted later.
oldvettedad

Re: Thompson Oct 8th, 2011

Post by oldvettedad »

i hate those little rice rockets :evil:
14:32. Very impressive! way to go.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

The SS is FAST!!! What a truck!!!
Maverick
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

This weekend we ran at Atco and it was Mopar day. Surprisingly (to me) there were a lot of street cars, new street cars, like Dodge Magnums and Jeep Suv's. But, a lot of them were in the 12s. Very depressing. That area of the pits looked like a used car lot with lines of black SUVs. But 12's???? Come on give a guy a break!
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

I was there too! Boy the weather was absolutely gorgeous!!! Not many of those days left - much less enjoying them at Thompson!!!

As much as I was a little disappointed at the lack of run time - it was very nice to see Thompson PACKED!! Reminded me of my younger days there!

Anyone see my buddy Smokin' Joe on his 750 H2 triple? Great story - his Dad raced that very same bike when he was younger and eventually sold it. Joe ended up (somehow?) buying it back and continuing the torch! Joe's raced it many many years - and REALLY knows his triples!!!!! If anyone by chance has any pics of Joe running - please post them - I'd love to see them since I basically missed all his runs too! ;-(

Racin'Jacin
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Saturday October 8th, with WXO in from Raleigh, we were hoping to make some T-N-T passes on his SS.
Way too many cars, but WXO did manage one run. Anyway there were smiles all around.

BP’sCaddy & WXO’s SS ……...........…..WXO’s smile…………........……Racin’Jason’s smile
ImageImageImage

Race ready………......................…………Y BLOCK……………........……….HEMI “Gorilla”
ImageImageImage

After a 143.4 mph pass……….............…Randi & WXO ………….......……Maverick
ImageImageImage

BP’s 13.73 pass
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmQNzp4iikU[/youtube]

Only got one pass hot off the street in the low 14’s but it did show the SS’s potential.
BP was happy with his 13.73 and Racin’Jasin came away with his best mph.
OK, TRP is always a good time. :)
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Looks like a beautiful day for racing!! Enjoyed the pictures and video. Nice Mav.
Maverick
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

Great pictures and videos! I am impressed by your Caddy BP! It not only looks cool but its fast. I love the front engine dragster and especially the Ford tow car :shock:
Both of those would be excellent for our nostalgia drag race club. Looks like the Ford has a Y block in it. Really nice stuff!
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

AWESOME VID of the Caddy! Loved it!

The Maverick reminded me of a buddy's in High School - his was red too! Last I knew he sold it and the fella is still running it at the track. 351W and a straight axle last I knew.

Stan was less than thrilled wiht his '55 - he couldn't get 2nd gear on the track - (fine around town) we had the trans apart - didn't appear anything bad wrong in there (prior) and he recently changed shifters thinking that was his issue. I wann inspect the tunnel to make sure the motor isn't torquing and binding the linkage or soemthing simple like that. In the meantime I think we will eventually have to go back inside the trans ot see if we misssed something. ;-(