Rock-n-Race

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

Rock-n-Race

Post by Racin'Jacin »

So did anyone make it out to Rock N Race @ 42 this past weekend? I drug the dragster there and made one VERY easy pass. I grannied it off the line (evidenced by my 1.7 60') and then rolled into the throttle leaving in second BTW. And STILL ran a personal best 9.15 @ 154. Just for reference - the injected motor would 60' at 1.3 - so I gave up .4 on the 60' alone!!!!! For those that don't remember I left a bit more aggressively last year and bent the chassis on the landing - I was a bit tentative in NOT wanting to repeat that firedrill but admit I did want to leave easy (just not quite that easy - still learning how to launch this blower motor). Unfortunately for me - I was having back issues all weekend and then the rain came ending any chance for another run. But to be perfectly honest I was thrilled with that pass (even with the granny launch) so I couldn't care less about not getting in more runs.

Jacin
Basement Paul

Re: Rock-n-Race

Post by Basement Paul »

Climbing in and out of that thing with a bad back could be pretty painful I'm sure. It's good to know there's an 8 second pass in it without trying too hard. That's totally badass!

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Yeah THAT part sucked. I think I musta tweaked it a couple days earlier as I was crawling around it as I was welding a couple more uprights in, but it didnt hurt right away. It started acting up AT the track! I was like SERIOUSLY??? Get in was bad, but getting out was REALLY bad. Even bending over trying to put on or take off your shoes sucked bad. BUT!!!!! Running a personal best that had TONS more in it was WORTH IT!!! :-) If I ever get the launch figured out - its gonna be REALLY awesome!
Also as a social experiment I bolted a Pipe Wrench to the back of my trailer. I call it the Tailgater Tormentor and it worked PERFECTLY. Several tailgaters saw it immediately and put distance between us QUICK - it was PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Jacin
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Tailgater Tormentor! That's great. You should post a picture of that...

154mph has to be way faster than you were going before.

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

BP, Ask and you shall receive! I only wish I could have taken a pic of some of the expressions on their faces when they saw it up close!

Jacin
Attachments
wrench.jpg
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Basement Paul wrote:Tailgater Tormentor! That's great. You should post a picture of that...

154mph has to be way faster than you were going before.

-BP
I was mid 140's before so nearly 10 mph better. Also this pass I left in high gear - so there's a LOT left on the table. I've only made a handful of passes with the blower - every one is a learning experience. First pass I nearly wadded it up in the wall!

Jacin
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I saw the advertising, but didn't head out there. Was it a cool event? How was the music? Did you camp?

That Tailgate Tormentor is great!!

-Dave
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

TireSmoker wrote:I saw the advertising, but didn't head out there. Was it a cool event? How was the music? Did you camp?

That Tailgate Tormentor is great!!

-Dave
I've been there a few times - it's always been a good time. They have a swap meet too, it's not real big, but hey a great way to kill a little time when they're cleaning up the track!!!

If you like vintage cars - you'd LOVE IT (they are limited to '72 and earlier). There's a pretty good assortment of gassers and muscle cars and pure race stuff - rails and a few funnies as well.

I didnt hear a lot of the music - but did listen to Phester Sat. night - they were real good imho.

I had planned on throwing an air mattress in my buddies trailer and crashing on that, but some friends let me crash on their couch in their RV! There were a TON of campers this year - I saw more campers than any other year by FAR.

Fri. was perfect weather. Sat it rained later maybe 6 ish - I dont recall exactly. and Sunday unfortunately was a complete washout. It was a great time.

jacin