Great Lakes google map roadie

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Great Lakes google map roadie

Post by TireSmoker »

I was goofing around with google maps tonight.. i want to take a trip at some point and hit all the great lakes. Not sure if this would be a road-rally type trip with rally points at various lake-side parks, say 4-5 days, or more of a take a couple weeks and camp along the way or something.

https://goo.gl/maps/BPLYZChUddYbHmwZA

you guys ever doodle out road trips?

-Dave
Basement Paul

Re: Great Lakes google map roadie

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm sure you'd see a lot of cool country, especially as you get north in Michigan and Canada. I've never used the maps that way, it's kinda neat. But unfortunately when your wife doesn't like driving on the freeway, this limits your ability to take a road trip. Maybe once I get my Viper...

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Closest I have come to doing that is when I took the family to California and we drove on highway 1 up the coast.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I've used Google maps a million times with work. When routing trucks to drop off machines,
this is an unbelievable tool. In my first few months there, I had to learn how to dispatch the
drivers which includes mapping out their routes ahead of time. Google Maps is the best for
this. They'll even give you street view so you can tell if a semi will fit into a job or not.

GM
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

We're currently planning a trip up to SE Michigan, over to the West side, car ferry over Lake Michigan to Wisconsin, up to Northern Minnesota, then MI Upper, back to SE MI, and back to NC. Looks like a great tool. Maybe I can figure out how to use it. :?

Found a tutorial. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=go ... &FORM=VIRE
Maverick