Draggin' my butt....but!!!

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

Draggin' my butt....but!!!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

OK so all winter I was LAME and didn't do crap to the digger. ;-(

Last year I put in a new roller cam - (Stan hooked me up) and the car ran GOOD, but it was totally obvious that the converter left ALOT to be desired. So I finally got off my ass and got one ordered. I checked with Summit and in the end it was several bucks cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer. Free shipping and no tax!!!

Anyways we were all ready for Thompson's Gasser Reunion, but Murphy stikes (sorta) and held us to 1/8 mile passes only. I don't like that, but am glad they did as the wind was movign me around quite a bit in the lane.

Anyways we had a REALLY good day - Lady Luck was smiling in our direction all day!!! Righ t up to and including the FINAL ROUND!! I was cutting decent lights all day and cut a .03 in the final - the other lane had a .04 a MINUS .04!!! Yep red light city and I was in. The funny part was that I saw this guy was VERY good and figured he'd hand me my ass. I ignored all that and just focused on cutting a good light...saw him come up on me at the end and it looked like he passed me about 5 ft from the end. I thought oh well - at least I made the final round!!! Then as I was packing the chute here comes Stan up the return road driving a jillion miles an hour. Stan usually drives FAST when we did something good - next he starts beeping his horn - I'm thinking he's f'in with me and he jumps out of the car and yells WE WON!!!! I had no idea - I didn't see the red light. I went from indifference to jubilation in a micro second!!! First "event" I ever won - it was pretty cool to say the least!!!

The other part was the ET slip!!! while I never got my 1/4 mile numbers like I wanted, I did see some hints at the direction we are going. The 60 foot went from 1.38 to 1.31 and the 1/8 went from 6.08's to 5.91's - pretty stoked!!!!! We'll see what that turns into for the 1/4!!!!

Not too bad for a car built on saw horses with swap meet parts! ;-)
Maverick

Re: Draggin' my butt....but!!!

Post by Maverick »

Congratulations!!
Maverick
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Nice win!! Improving your numbers is the best.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Nice.

1/8? Did you voice your opinion about that? It seems more and more drag racing is 1/8 mile. If the race is to be shortened it should go to 1000' just like Top Fuel. If you agree spread the word.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

They had planned it to be 1/4 mile, but the cross winds were just too much for that. Usually when the door cars are complaining about the cross winds - I don't feel a thing in the digger. A much lesser profile generally keeps me not nearly as much affected as the "bigger" cars. This time I was gettin pushed around quite a bit! I can only imagine how much the door cars were fightin' it.

I can't say I like 1/8 mile racing (my car's not set up for it) but I have to admit - I was glad they did it THIS TIME.
wxo

Post by wxo »

5.9 seconds in the eighth is about a 9.20 ET in the quarter mile. Might have been a bit faster without the fight with the wind.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Racers using a chute to stop might especially dislike a cross wind methinks.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

Congratulations! Take the win any way you get it! 5.90 in the eighth is QUITE respectable! Keep having fun!
Then come east and join our nostalgia club :lol: