How to get $60 for a $40 part.....

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

GMJohnny

How to get $60 for a $40 part.....

Post by GMJohnny »

So, I get a call from a guy with a c5 that he drives daily in Cleveland. He wants to buy my stock mufflers and h-pipe I've been trying to sell for over a month. I have them bargain basement priced at $40.00. He's all in. His Vette is a 97 and has 225,000 miles on it and the mufflers rotted out! So he comes over in a Buick Rainer to pick up the loot. We had a great talk about our Vette's ( he has 2 and has driven Vettes since the 50's .. he even had a 54 that he sold for $900. ) So I get my $40.00 from him, load the pipes in his suv and deal done. He leaves. 2 minutes later, he calls me on my cell. " Hey John, do you have an air compressor, my left front's a bit low?" I look out the garage window and his front is not low, it's off of the bead! He gimps the wounded soldier into the drive... bring on the floor jack and air hose for an Indy-style pit stop. We put air in the tire and low and behold the bead seats. Awesome right. Nope. Bummer, the tire is down to the cords on the inside and will not hold air. Bring on the spare. After 5 minutes of fiddling around like men who know our stuff, we go for the manual on how to get the spare ( that has never been out of it's original position since the factory ) from under the vehicle. After a bit of cussing and dirt in our eyes, we got it down and on the vehicle. There was some serious laughing going on as we got the gimped up Buick back on the road. After we cleaned up all of the tools, he was ready to roll again. He thanked me for the assistance, and just before he mounted up to go, flipped me another $20 for my efforts. I tried to refuse, but he said it was well worth the money... $60 dollars for a $40 dollar part..... and a fun story.... Good 'ol craigslist.