2003 accord

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

ttamrettus

2003 accord

Post by ttamrettus »

Well I got my hands dirty for the first time in a while.

2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 automatic, we have had it since it had 12 miles on it. May 31st, 2003.

The Honda has 149,000 miles on it and I changed the spark plugs (NGK Iridium), changed the oil and filter (Castrol GTX high mileage and Bosch filter), flushed the ATF (will flush again in roughly 100 miles or so), ordered chrome exhaust tips off Ebay (last set got stolen a few months back, I'll screw these on) and ordered foglights off Ebay (the current ones have cracked lenses and look BAD).

$30 in ATF
$25 in oil and filter
$70 in plugs
$40 in chrome tips
$60 in fog lamps

Hopefully I can get another 100k out of the car.
Had a new power steering pump at 90k, timing belt and water pump at 99k, new tires at 115k, new alternator at 132k, new battery at 133k, new accessory belt tensioner at 133k, new brakes at 133k.
Matt Sutter
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Heck, now you're good for another 150K.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Well, when the car was new it had chrome exhaust tips. Probably 2-1/2". For whatever reason someone felt like they needed to steal them. So about 3 months ago they disappeared. They are like $90 each at the dealer. They are simply held on via a set screw and a good kick will knock them off (you could see on the bumper cover the shoe marks from where they whacked it. Anyway, I found 2 on Ebay for $40 so I ordered them. However they turned out to be wrong ones. I think they are for an Accord Si single exhaust as these are like 3" OD. So I had to buy a short piece of pipe from AutoZone and made an adapter. Know thew are held on with sheetmetal screws. I think the 3" are a little big but I couldn't return them so here they are.

Matt Sutter