TRP's last hoorah...

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Looks like I missed a great day. The extra exhaust work on Granddad's '69 Caddy really helped.
How does that 13.81 et and speed compare to GMJohn's supercharged Buick Regal GS?
Can the 100 mph pass be far behind? WXO's, I mean Rookie's Firebird has never been that quick.
Matt's got it going, loved the video of the Formula against that Mustang.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Racin'Jacin

Thompson

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Wow, It was DEFINITELY a great day - no one broke any parts!!! (Fan belts don't count!)

It was good to meet some "Tiresmokers" - of course we were so busy I didn't get to meet everyone there. Who was the guy I talked to in the staging lanes with the Tiresmoke Hat?? He introduced himself, but my memory is pretty bad and I forgot his name already. :oops:

I am amazed that BP gets that Caddy to run so well - I never heard one that had an exhaust lope before - way cool!!!!

For me - it was the most thrilling race I have ever had - the last pass I was paired up with the "Syndicate" '66 Mustang (a vintage unrestored car built as a full on race car in '68 ) like a time warp when I looked over into the other lane - it gave me goose bumps then and now. My buddy got it on video - I am hoping someone got some still shots as well. What a cool car!!!!!!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Thompson

Post by TireSmoker »

Racin'Jacin wrote: Who was the guy I talked to in the staging lanes with the Tiresmoke Hat?? He introduced himself, but my memory is pretty bad and I forgot his name already. :oops:
That was me. (Dave) You were looking a bit busy with your crew at the time.

For me - it was the most thrilling race I have ever had - the last pass I was paired up with the "Syndicate" '66 Mustang (a vintage unrestored car built as a full on race car in '68 ) like a time warp when I looked over into the other lane - it gave me goose bumps then and now. My buddy got it on video - I am hoping someone got some still shots as well. What a cool car!!!!!!
I remember seeing that car back in the 90s, didn't realize it was vintage, even back then.

-Dave
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I had a good time too....

RT .0561
60 footer 2.3266 - Traction, what traction!

RT -.1625 - OK, leave on the third yellow, NOT the second. Duh. :oops:
60 footer 2.2406 - did a killer burnout - BP has pic.

RT .0440
60 footer 2.0466 - easing into it

RT .0300
60 footer 2.0102
100.29 - Yippee !!!

RT .5105 -yawn...
60 footer 1.9202 8)

With slicks she'll 60 foot 1.7ish
and the best ET, again with slicks was 12.98 @ 102

I wouldn't be able to run ANY number in eliminations.

Hummm Nov 8th?
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Yeah, it was definitely a great day. The actual best run was at 14.13. I was consistently just under 2.0 on the 60 ft too. With the aluminum driveshaft sitting at BP's house and some new tires, 13's may be possible. Right now, I am not launching with a full stall to avoid spin. If I can get a 3.73 gear, it's a no-brainer.

Of course, I still need to upload some pics of the new interior. BP can testify that it's a huge improvement. Still some seat belt issues to sort out. Just need to keep an eye out for the t-tops and visors.

WXO: You'll always be the original owner :)
Racin'Jacin

Thompson

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Hi Dave!!!! Nice to meet you - the only problem with learning as I am is that it's hard to maintain focus - I missed most of the racing and only got to meet a couple guys - I was sorta preoccupied - to say the least!!! ha ha ha. Were you there watching or did you run a car - if so which one was it??

It was a perfect day for racing (he says because it gets freakin hot in a nomex suit!!!!) what a weekend!!!!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

No problem -- you got a new car, fast car, gotta make sure it's right! I like those old front-engine dragsters. but when I saw how you're straddling that pumpkin.. hmmm.. that'd make me think twice about climbing in one..

It sure was a *perfect* day for racing. I was running my Suzuki SV 650. I usually race my '70 Chevelle, but I didn't have it back together in time.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Racing action!!

Post by Basement Paul »

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Courtesy of BP. And yes, that Mustang got spanked off the line.

Racin'Jacin

Thompson

Post by Racin'Jacin »

BP, Wow you got some way cool shots!!!! You should have heard the guys talking about the 13 second Caddy!!!!! They couldn't believe it!

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow - I didn't realize you had YouTube video up and it's way past my beadtime already - combine that with my "nostalgic" phone line and well you can see from the pics - I've already missed enough beauty sleep as it is!!!!

Mucho thanks for the shot of the Mustang - it was my favorite car there and I was SO THRILLED to look over and see him in the next lane.
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Thanks for the pics Paul! My GTI (DD) isn't fast but, I beat everybody on the tree that I raced against! I had a blast (even @ 16.80"s) the Vr should be out for some TRP fun next spring. I'm hoping for some mid - to -low 14's. We'll see