New Camaro

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

New Camaro

Post by MostMint »

Some guy took some pictures of the new Camaro assembly line and apparently got fired for it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/01/no-c ... or-camaro/
Last edited by MostMint on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

That's a TON of FANUC robots.

I see places like that everyday. People think their processes are NEW and innovative. A lot of the time the last customer I visited is doing it the same way.

ONCE at band camp. oh wait... ONCE in Florida. I was visiting a luxury RV manufacturer and walking through their plant and talking to the guy and was telling him how his competitor did something with my product. The support/guidance system for the slide out rooms. He proceeded to tell me "well, I guess I'll never tell YOU any trade secrets". I thought to myself, I know for a fact this company and that company swap engineers. Job hop from one to another. AND the particular stuff I was telling was 5 YEARS old and has been done with travel trailers before but not buses. 5 years mind you and I know for a fact a 3rd competitor did it the same way once they saw my customer do it. The main reason I did it was because I was pissed at the first company because I engineered the SHIT and they turned around and price shopped it to the low bidder (Tiawanese) once we proved it would work. No loyalty, that really pisses me off. Normally I don't share information.
Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I agree with him getting fired if that's the company's policy, but at least we got to see the pictures.

We get robots like that in at work all the time. What's amazing is how much they cost new, and how little we get for some of them. Heck, we end up scrapping a decent amount of the older ones.

-BP