2003 S-10

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Re: 2003 S-10

Post by Basement Paul »

Yesterday produced the most visual impact in the re-installation process. After a long, drawn out process waiting for an LS2 belt tensioner, necessary to getting the A/C assembly put back together, all the A/C components are in place, the serpentine belt is on (not after two trips to the parts store for the correct belt), the radiator / condenser assembly is back installed, and the heater hoses just got put into place but not cut to fit yet.

It's starting to look almost done, but there's still a lot of little things to do and more small problems that have shown up like where the heck am I going to put an intake system? I have to put a 4" intake on it to take advantage of that big throttle body, but as I look around, there doesn't seem to be more than 4" in any direction, so that will take some screwing around. The wiring harness still needs to be installed, the tranny lines and exhaust aren't done, and the starter needs to be put in.

Then to Hutter's for fuel system hook ups and tune, and hope there's no problems with anything I did... It does feel good having it look more complete.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

When I added the cold air system to my TBSS, I removed the humongous WS washer fluid container and replaced and relocated another smaller one to an inconspicuous place. This left lotsa room for the cold air ducts. It worked out well, but of course my truck has much more room to work with than yours. Anyway, just some food for thought.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Thanks for the input Walt. I think my biggest problem will be getting to that area of the truck. I really won't know how much space I have until I get the hood on. The power steering reservoir appears to be a big hurdle, along with the electric fans. Once I get to the washer fluid area, there's a decent amount of space opened up and I also poked some pretty big holes in the core support to let fresh air in over there. Summit sells a kit to make your own air intake system with lots of tubes, elbows, clamps, etc to help me put one together. I'll probably order that this week along with a few other odds and ends.

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

IS the resoivor just connected by hoses or is part of the pump? You may need to reloacte it with new longer hoses. Or PERHAPS a GIANT hoodscoop..........................
Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The reservoir has a metal bracket holding it to the block, but ultimately, it's just two hoses hooked to a small plastic tank. I already looked at the bracket and I could cut about 1/2" out of it, bringing it closer to the block. Not sure where I'd relocate it too, but I never thought about that, so it's a possibility.

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Anywhere. even in front of the coresupport.
Matt Sutter
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

You might want to look at how some parts from a GM van.
Vans usually jam a lot of stuff in a small area. You may be
able to retro-fit a bottle from one.... ?

GM
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I'm sure you can pick up a few ideas looking for pics of others who have done this conversion. If not I'm thinking Ram Air
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I had letters left over after I removed “HARLEY-DAVIDSON” off my quarter panels
and turned them into a letter game that lead to “OH YEAH!” on my tail gate.
When BP installed his supercharger, for a present I gave him two sets of
the Cadillac V’s “SUPERCHARDED” letters to be put on his doors.
They never got put on; so that means he has AACCDDEEEEGGHHPPRRRRSSUU letters
to make a statement for his tailgate.
My suggestions are “DRAG RACE”, “SS”, “PURE HP”, “EAGER”, “U SURE”, “RUSH”, or “GUESS”.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Try "Usgeedah" and leave them all guessing.

GM
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

'SUP G

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

RACE U
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

PC- Pressure - Gauge - ACDC - GRRRRRR - HUH - Sheep - SHAPE

just a few...

GM
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Today was crappy outside with lots of snow and cold and blowing. Which blows. But, with heaters on, I was able to get a lot closer to being done. I got the heater hoses cut and attached. I got both radiator hoses cut, trimmed, and fit. I got all the lighting wired back up and the grill and headlights installed. I installed the battery tray, but I did have to modify the corner of it to accommodate the positive cables. Where they used to run there's an A/C compressor now, so I cut the corner out of it. I also got a bunch of small misc wiring and grounding on the core support hooked back up.

I took a much deeper look at the new wiring. I will have to buy an idle air controller to go on the throttle body, and also two oxygen sensors. I need to figure out which ones I need though. I believe the Vette and Camaro ones will be the same, but I have to do some research. I know what the plugs look like, so I should be able to get it. There are a couple questions I have about what wires go where, but I figure they'll kind of sort themselves out once I start plugging stuff in.

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Lookin awesome. Why not get a marine battery box and put it under the bed behind the cab or in the bed itself?
Matt Sutter