HOW do IT people do it?

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

ttamrettus

HOW do IT people do it?

Post by ttamrettus »

I am so frustrated. We had a pop-up storm yesterday and a power spike or something because all kinds of stuff went on the fritz. The cable tv, the computers, the printers, the internet, the voice over IP. Everything was wacked.

The cable company technician came today and fixed the cable tv and the internet (about 1.5 hours), however the network didn't work. Anyway since 2pm today (less dinnertime) I have been working on this F' N stuff. I got the router and internet back to all the PC's but I still have to work on the phones and printers. Also all the USB devices on my wife's desktop don't work. I was on the phone with Dell last night for like 2 hours. Looks like the motherboard. All the USB stuff works on our other 3 PC's when plug into them.

Routers, IP addresses, cable modems, hubs, AAHHHHHH, my head hurts...........
Matt Sutter
wxo

Matt's back!!

Post by wxo »

We were wondering why you were so quiet.
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Well,

We bought a foreclosure home and are fixing it up.
It is taking ALOT of my time (and $).
Plus our son is almost 9 months old now so we spend as much time as we can together as a family.
Not to mention work.
Just had the Impala in the shop for it's 80,000 mile service (and brakes), 2 days without a car.

I wish I had more to report (if this was a home fix-it blog, all the posts I would have SO many posts).
Don't worry, I frequent the trailvoy blog, the G8GT blog and ebay almost everynight.
Looking, looking, looking.

Matt
Matt Sutter
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

What is going to happen with the house project - are you going to live in it, rent it or sell it?

Having a kid does take a lot of time so I am expecting your car project to be slow. But you had to go and throw a house project on top of it.

Just make sure something gets done on that car this year - even if it is only one day of work.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

I hope we can sell the house. We got it for $162k and it appraised right away at $215k. I hope it re-appraises at like $250k. The lowest in the neighborhood was $197k and the highest was $254k.

Since I gutted the house, new kitchen, additional bedroom, additional bath, additional closet, new kitchen, new floors, repaint, new gutters, new windows and I'm sure other stuff I can't remember right now (obviously it's not done yet).

The house was a 3 bed 2.5 bath with an open loft are to the family room. So I enclosed that and made a bath and closet. Now it's considered a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath home. I am working on the kitchen and then the flooring (replacing all the carpet with hardwood on the first floor) and then moving on to the bathrooms. I'm subbing out the exterior paint (he'll be doing it this weekend) and probably the interior paint, so I can work on the rest.

As for the Chevelle, when we sell the house and get some $, my brother agreed to do the body work and weld in the floors. So I'll tow it up to Ohio and give him some $ for his work.
Matt Sutter
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I sure hope you make a mint on it 8)
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]