Trailblazer SS

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Post by wxo »

That's well and good if you need to haul stuff and trailers and such. but most folks who own these things don't. They Push around 4WD hardware and never use it. I'll concede that I'm talking about the yuppies here in the south . You folks up there in the cold wastelands of the North might find a reason to flip on the 4WD from time to time.
Fred32v

Ready for Home Improvement Projects

Post by Fred32v »

The TBSS comes in two wheel drive. It will also tow and haul 4 by 8 sheets of plywood, shurbs, paint, or whatever. Perfect for your trips to Lowes and Home Depot. I know Matt is always working on his home. I still vote for the TBSS!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Plus I was thinking I can write off the depreciation (it is rated at 6001 pounds) and the car allowance rate for the federal government ($0.35 cents per mile correct? - the $0.15 Bosch pays of course). Maybe it'll help me get more $ back at tax time. I was trying to decide between the 1SS and the 3SS today. Sad to say but the thing I really want is the audio controls on the steering wheel, for my 4 hour road trips. They only come on 3SS's as far as I can tell.

As for the color I'm still torn, I really like black, white's kinda cool, and I already have a silver car so I don't know about that.

I'll let you know.
Matt Sutter
wxo

Git 'er Done!

Post by wxo »

I guess it's about time to quit harrassing 'ol Matt. I believe you are overthinking this Matt. Git 'er done!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Just for good measure I would redo the math at $4.00 a gallon. There is a good chance it could go there. I'm not saying don't do it, but the costs could go up. Also I would get an insurance quote on the Impala SS to see if there is any difference there. Does your state charge extra for license tags for that 3 ton monster?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

I'm glad I got the 3SS package. Steering wheel controls are super nice. Oh, and just a clarification. It is actually an AWD, not 4WD. It's not switchable - though there is tractional control you can turn off. What a waste :) I think it's there as part of the stabilitrak which does go off if you get crazy in the corners. I think the transfer case is the same as the Silverado SS. And yes, I do get plenty of snow to make it worth while. I'll be trailering my tractor next weekend. I'll take a picture to prove it's worthwhile. The Jeep SRT8 can only handle about 3500lbs towing. I'm good to 6500lbs. The trailer is 2500lbs alone plus the tractor too pushs the limit!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

"Three ton monster?", this isn't a Suburban... especially if you go with the RWD model you should come in around 4600-4700 lbs. That sounds pretty light to me. :wink:

Sign the papers and lay dub rubber at will!

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

6001# is the GVW.
The curb weight is 4496#
Matt Sutter