Homeless 350

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Homeless 350

Post by Fred32v »

MostMint doesn't have enough motors in his garage. Says there is always room for one more.
442John was retiring a running '93 Chevy van soooo,

ImageImageImage
60 some miles later (actually 120 plus round trip in a snow storm) this organ has found a new home.
Now all it needs is a new body. Anybody have any idea what MostMint could do with this latest treasure?
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Nice pics. Free delivery and photos - thanks Fred32V

It is a small block - the spitting image of the engine Tiresmoker pulled from his 88 parts truck.

The air filter duct blocks a bunch of the engine but if you look closely you can see the Chevy exhaust port configuration and the Chevy tranny bolt pattern.

On the 1993 G30 (donor van) I spot two horsepower ratings: 195 hp and 295 lbs/ft torque, and 200/300. These numbers are for the sport van, and since this is a work van maybe it is a little different. Maybe different vans have different exhausts. With two of these I could match the HP of the Trailblazer SS.

This baby has 158,200 miles, and it came with the computer and the vehicle owners manual. I have the VIN too so I can confirm the engine specs somewhere down the road.

Seems like a great deal to me.

Now it will sit in the corner with the 3.4 V6, and the 327 short block (from Markss327) on the stand. I may have to move the 350 4-bolt block (from Tiresmoker) over there so it doesn't feel left out.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

You could put it in the Camaro so it will pass echeck. At least that's the excuse you give your wife...

-BP