12 cars that flopped and bombed in 2014

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

12 cars that flopped and bombed in 2014

Post by wxo »

ttamrettus

Re: 12 cars that flopped and bombed in 2014

Post by ttamrettus »

The Chevy SS is like $43k. The Impala is $27k how can that article compare them ? Plus the SS didn't have stick shift until late 2014. PLUS that platform will be discontinued in 2017, when the close Holden. I didn't even know Chevy had it available until Dec of 2014. I thought they had scraped it. Chevy's own fault.
Matt Sutter
MostMint

Re: 12 cars that flopped and bombed in 2014

Post by MostMint »

First off, Chevy never made an SS model until now. Super Sport was always a package on a model - like a Camaro or Chevelle or Impala. Dumb idea. People who know what SS really is - which is apparently your target audience - are not going to be thrilled you named the car after a package. It's like the marketing people really are that dumb. Who ran that focus group I wonder?

Second, not making one in stick shift is kind of retarded. This is one of my main complaints about my Impala SS. According to Matt they added it late - too late.

Third - it is too expensive, at least in my book. I'm not shelling out that coin.

Oh and it is a sedan. In my life mode sedan is fine but some of that same target audience wants two doors.

It's like GM cannot figure out what the target audience is or what they want. If going after performance sedan market I suppose you should find out what people want and build that. It's almost like luck when they build something new that people want.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]