Operation Cheap Bastage fires again!

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

Operation Cheap Bastage fires again!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

OK so those not familiar with my old Chevy Truck - it's a '37 1/2 ton with a dump bed. Problem with it other than the 80's crappy paint is the old 327 is totally Whooped!!! Admittedly I don't drive this truck a lot, but I'd like to get it road worthy again so....Operation Cheap Bastage is in full swing. Sure I could go full tilt and rebuild a SBC and I may very well do that but for now - for the short term I just wanna do a hillbilly rebuild - hone, bearings, rings, fresh heads. Well I've been doing exactly that and yesterday after work (yes I had to work Sunday - yuk) anyways after work I decided to see how far we could get tossing the "fresh" motor back in - we actually had it bolted in by 6 and shoved back in the rear garage by 6:45 (I pull motors in the front garage - but the '37 resides in the back garage). Anyways tonight I had it real close to fire so I fired it just for a few seconds to make sure everything was OK. Still no radiator -maybe tomorrow! It fired right up - I was stoked!! Fingers crossed that it'll live long enough to rebuild another "good" motor!! We'll see how it is very soon!!!!
To Be Continued!!!

Jacin

P.S. - The Chevy truck is kinda cool - I put a Camaro subframe in it years ago and it has a hydraulic dump bed which makes it VERY HANDY around the yard hauling mulch, gravel, broken concrete or whatever!!!
Basement Paul

Re: Operation Cheap Bastage fires again!

Post by Basement Paul »

OK, so please list ALL the cars / trucks you have, cuz every time I turn around, you have another one I've never heard of.

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Re: Operation Cheap Bastage fires again!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Paul, I gotta keep you guessing!! ha ha ha
Hmmmnnn, let's see I have an OLD (early 30's maybe) Chevy truck in PIECES in the basement - future project - will become a Roadster Pickup - maybe for Donovan if he shows some interest. There's the '37 Chevy Pickup and of course the '47 Ford which you've seen - that's it for trucks!!!! Couple Ramblers, an "X" gasser '34 Plymouth, couple motorcycles, an old Benelli, but the baddest ass piece in my "collection" is this little red roadster....ahh ok maybe I'm exaggerating on that one - it's a roadster so to speak - but it was made by The Dodgem Company - previously resided at Euclid Beach - I converted it to battery power and was always planning on towing the dragster with it, but it's so damn wide it takes up ALL the room in my truck so that's why I got the 3 wheeled Cushman!!!

I NEED a bigger garage! I spent the entire day today rearranging the back just to get a little room to work in there!!!!!!!

Jacin