Thompson Gasser Race this Saturday!

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

Thompson Gasser Race this Saturday!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Be there or be square!!!! We'll have the digger there...maybe I should start getting it ready?

Jacin
Racin'Jacin

Re: Thompson Gasser Race this Saturday!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

WOW! Perfect weather for Thompson! (This never happens!!!)

We ran the dragster, but couldn't get it to MPH right and built more heat in the motor than we normally do...so after cleaning everything in the fuel system (no change) I am thinking it might be the pump going away. Even so the car went 9.50s. We even had Cameron (my daughter) as our back up girl!!!!! It was a BLAST!!!!

BTW in the far lane that is my buddy Greg Koesel running his "Last Logghe" car. As the name suggests - that is the VERY last car Logghe Stamping ever built. It was oh so cool racing a bit of drag racing history there!!!!! Greg is KILLER on the tree. Bring your A game against him or go home!!!!! :-0

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Cameron is a good upgrade from Stan backing you up.

The weather was beautiful yesterday. I was thinking of you guys while I was working on the Mustang.

9.50's is still fun, and the car came home in one piece and still running.

Hopefully we'll be able to get out there with you sometime this year.

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Paul, It was funny Stan was bitching that "How come you never back up that straight for me!?!?" We all had a good laugh over it.

Pulled the fuel pump apart this morning - nothing jumped out at me as far as being wrong - but I'll throw a new gear and rotor in it anyways - well assuming I can find my spares! The search continues....
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

My friend Dawn Mazi (Frank Mazi's daughter for those who remember the Supercharged Outlaw Opel) anywho Dawn shot this video for me - I'm totally stoked!!!!!!!

Skip the ad - sorry I couldn't figure out how to delete it.

Jacin
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

What a great video! The one from the cockpit really helps capture the thrill of your run.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

That was a great video! All sorts of cool stuff going on there.

Any reason you shut down early on the first pass? Sounded like you lifted about 50' before the traps started.

I talked to a guy at work who's a big gasser guy and he was there on Friday and Sat morning. He had all sorts of compliments about your car.

-BP
Racin'Jacin

Post by Racin'Jacin »

Paul, to answer your question,......Operator Error :oops: I try to get all my racing mistakes out of my system the first time out!!! Yes I was LAME this year - the Gasser Race was my first race this year. That's just poor planning on my part - and silly too for what it cost to race that event. :-(

Still we had a great time - mistakes and all.I will also admit some of my focus shifted towards Cameron as well - I so wanted her to do well and she was a NERVOUS WRECK....I was so thrilled she rose to the occasion and conquered her fears! It was a very proud moment for me. And! Holy Crap - you should have seen everyone piled into the back of the '47 to bring me back - it was awesome!

I had some issues with the fuel nozzles - we got them cleaned up and added some fuel to it - should have made it run ALOT cooler, but didn't. So I decided to pack it up and check things over before I hurt something. As I was replaying my LAST pass thru my head it suddenly HIT ME like a bag of bricks - my last pass I MISSED the mag kill switch - so the motor LEANS out when I pull the fuel lever. It never dawned on my until I replayed it in my head on the drive home - DUH!!! There you go again - operator error! No harm - no foul! :-)

Thanks to your buddy for the positive words!!!!

Jacin