Is Green A Beautiful? (I think so!)

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Blue_69_malibu

Is Green A Beautiful? (I think so!)

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ink:top:en

The two short videos of a little over a minute are pretty cool. One is basically for engine sound. The other is a nice driver side view of the car.

When I first bought my current Chevelle, I had every intention of painting it LeMans Blue one day...like my first car. However, over time, I have come to like the color of my current car. Basement Paul has been a fan since day one. Tiresmoker hates my color as much as...The Clap. (certain liberty taken here on my part.)

So, what do you guys think of the car for sale in the above link? I have no intention of buying it (although it is a really nice car with a killer drivetrain).

But this is basically how I'd like to paint my car one day. I intend to keep all Malibu badging on the car but will probably buy an SS hood from AMD. I prefer Torque Thrust Wheels but these aren't too bad. I think this car conveys the overall look that I'm going for...minus 152 cubic inhces.

Please let me know your thoughts.

BTW: TireSmoker is en route back home but his cell phone is dead. He got rained on pretty hard while riding his bike.
MostMint

Re: Is Green A Beautiful? (I think so!)

Post by MostMint »

That car looks good.

I used to think changing color was a good thing, but to do it right is incredibly expensive. Plus how many are still in the color you have - probably less than most other colors as they have been painted red or black over the years.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

That car looks correct to me, except the wheels. If it was lowered a little, the wheels would look better, but with a stock stance, you need to have a smaller rim with more sidewall IMO. Otherwise, it looks hot.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

I owned a '69 SS when I lived in Cleveland. It was this green color and I liked the color and the overall look. Too bad it had the 325 HP
motor and Fred's Camaro would walk all over me. :x
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I always did like that car in that color. I wouldn't change a thing. I didn't care for the wheels on that big block car. :D
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!