Portable two car garage

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TheRookie

Portable two car garage

Post by TheRookie »

Ok, this is a little off-topic from cars, but there have been a few requests to post on here about our 'new' two car garage down at the property we bought this spring. We needed something to hold my tractor, etc during the summer while we worked on clearing it, etc. It's just a 40' storage container, though this is called a 'high cube' since it's got a 10ft ceiling rather than 8ft. Weather, water, and rodent proof.

I got a sweet deal on this one at $1650 delivered, but I guess they can be had for about $2-2.5k regularly. Not a bad solution if you don't mind a narrow garage. Found some good paint (Hammerite) that goes right over the rust for about $45/gallon. During the winter it's going to store our Miata and my mom's Miata.

Oh, and while I am posting off-topic, here's a shot of the bridge that we just put in to cross our 20' wide stream. It's basically two old 8'x40'2' railroad flatcars w/ under carriage cut off on concrete block and welded together. Took a massive crane to drop them in place. Kind of neat. I guess the relevance would be that these flatcars are used to ship the two-car garage posted above :)

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Post a picture of what it looks like with the cars inside.

-Dave
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Oh yeah, here's a pic of the other resident of the two-car garage. I just got the ramp of crushed asphalt done on the one side tonight, so this is the first time any vehicle has been on the bridge. I know, I am really pushing it on this forum. Hey, it's got a motor and wheels!

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Looks great! (The tractor on the bridge, I mean) Can't wait to see the double Miatas and the tractor all lined up.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Looks like a great idea.

Any zoning issues or neghbor complaints?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

No complaints and zoning can't do crap. It's a portable box. I only have one neighbor that can even see it.

As for the pics, I'll get one this weekend of at least one Miata in it. The other may go inside this weekend. But I dont think I can fit all three. Besides, the tractor is coming back home to help clear snow as needed.