Carlisle 07

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Thursday after work sounds good to me too. At this point, since I haven't put a bunch of miles on the car, I'd feel better driving up with someone else.

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I was planning to travel on Thursday. I would like to have the Vettes travel together if possible.

It might be nice to travel during the day. If there are any mechanical problems we could get parts/tools whatever and have a chance to get going again. I guess I am not too worried about it since I drive mine to work a couple times a week during the summer, but why chance it and end up in Carlisle at 2 AM or something like that?

I don't think I want to get up with the chickens and go either, so maybe a mid-day departure?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

MostMint wrote:I was planning to travel on Thursday. I would like to have the Vettes travel together if possible.

It might be nice to travel during the day. If there are any mechanical problems we could get parts/tools whatever and have a chance to get going again. I guess I am not too worried about it since I drive mine to work a couple times a week during the summer, but why chance it and end up in Carlisle at 2 AM or something like that?

I don't think I want to get up with the chickens and go either, so maybe a mid-day departure?
I agree on traveling during the day -- I'd like to drive with the top down! I also second not getting up with the chickens. And maybe once spring/summer finally arrive, I'll have a chance to put enough miles on mine where mechanical reliablity becomes a non-issue, like your car.

I'll put in for vacation days on Thursday and Friday, August 23 & 24.

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

TireSmoker wrote:I agree on traveling during the day -- I'd like to drive with the top down!
In late August it will probably be warm enough that you will be able to go with the top down - even with a later departure. I still favor the mid-day (1:00-ish) departure. Getting there before dusk also means less bugs on the front of the car.
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm going to leave after work on Thursday, so this will give me time to gather up parts and tools to fix one of those Vettes if necessary.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

BP - will you be sporting the Wide Ovals for this trip, or are you taking something else?

Fred32V - are you riding with wxo on the way out?
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I haven't decided yet. If Bob is going, I'll probably be taking the 'Master, otherwise I'll be sporting the new, not yet installed, Wide Ovals. They look cool in my garage though. There's a slim chance the Fiero will make the journey.

-BP
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

I may just be in the neighborhood that weekend as I have a big client out just west of Harrisburg that I normally have to work at around that time. If so, I'll likely take the soon-to-be-acquired Hot Rod Lincoln Town Car. I think the Fiero will fit in the trunk of that thing.
wxo

Did I miss sumpthin?

Post by wxo »

I've been reading this thread over the last few days and it sounds like I got my dates wrong. I thought this meet was in August!! Maybe I got my lines crossed and it's really in April (both "A" months). Should I be changing the oil in the Vette and gettin' her all shined up?
Fred32v

Never to early

Post by Fred32v »

It's not too early to start thinking and planning for Corvettes @ Carlisle. I thought there might be a set of tires in Akron for a certain Vette? If WXO comes early to retrieve his tires we might be able to go to Carlisle together or something. I was planning on leaving for Carlisle Thursday mid-morning but it's still a little too early to make a solid plan.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Did I miss sumpthin?

Post by TireSmoker »

wxo wrote:I've been reading this thread over the last few days and it sounds like I got my dates wrong. I thought this meet was in August!! Maybe I got my lines crossed and it's really in April (both "A" months). Should I be changing the oil in the Vette and gettin' her all shined up?
It is in August -- at least that's what I'm planning for as well.

-Dave
Fred32v

Time to get SERIOUS

Post by Fred32v »

Only six weeks to Corvettes @ Carlisle. It's time to commit. Your in or your out.
This is a huge meet. After a desperate search, I was able to secure two smoking rooms at the SUPER 8. We have two rooms for Thursday 08/23/07, Friday, and Saturday at a cost of $129/night. I am currently planning to be there Thursday afternoon. Check-in is 2pm. Right now I'm thinking we might need the second room Thursday night. "Cancellation policy is one week in advance", SO, first I’ll need to know IF you will be going and second, will you be arriving Thursday. I expect that all decisions will be firmed up and committed to by the end of the first week in August. If I don't have a firm commitment from you by then you'll be sleeping on the ground. I'll be sending a PRELIMINARY email, look for it.
If you're in, PLEASE let me know. Monday 8/13/07 l’ll be sending the final confirmation info, motel info, cell phone numbers, who is come & when, etc..

ImageImageImage

It's always fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Time to get SERIOUS

Post by TireSmoker »

Fred32v wrote:After a desperate search, I was able to secure two smoking rooms at the SUPER 8.
Ok, ok.. can't let this one slide past --- are they Tire-smoking rooms?? :lol:

Thank you very much, I'll be performing all weekend.

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I am in for this event. Put me down for a room on Thu-Sat night.
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I have been browsing the Carlisle web site:

There will be parking on the grounds for Corvettes for $10/day - it says "limited" so who knows what that means.

General admission = $12 per day

There will be a dyno there. Two pulls for $75 for Corvettes. Not sure if they will allow STS-Vs.
-BP[/quote]