The '69 Chevelle that wasn't

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

The '69 Chevelle that wasn't

Post by TireSmoker »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT

Well, Tony and I are sitting in a Starbucks right now (10:46p) with a truck and an empty trailer. We found the car we were looking for, talked with the owner, went for a test drive, but in the end Tony decided the car just wasn't worth the money. I'll post more details later. The interior was just too pieced-together, there was a major flaw in the paint on the passenger rear quarter, the driver's door was a cheap replacement, and the engine was less than advertised. The flaw in the paint was painfully obvious in bright sunlight, but not so much once it was a little overcast. Fortunately, he turned down our initial offer (before we discovered the flaw in the light).

It's a car that looks really good from just a few feet away, but upon closer inspection, just too many little things wrong for the money that was asked. He was initally prepared to spend $16k (cash! lots-o-hundreds), but in the end we weren't sure we'd even pay $12k. The good news is we might swing through Cincinnati on the way home and look at a motorcycle for sale instead.

The weather is HOT. It's in the 90s. But Super Chevy Show is cool. There are some *really* nice cars in the show area. Good for getting ideas.

-Dave
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Can you see this going down the strip?

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline ... 724927.htm

Actually there are a handful of decent looking 69 Chevelles at traderonline.com
Matt Sutter
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

update: nothing says "a-hole seller" like a call on your cell phone at 1:45 AM on a Sunday night with guy berating a comment Tony made**, bragging how he drove 270 miles home on 1 tank of gas, and that I really passed up a nice car and probably won't find another like it at such a good price.

** Seller claimed the car had a limited slip, not a posi. Tony says "It's like being pregant. It's either posi or it isn't."

I should record the voicemail into a wav or MP3 file for you guys.

ra-ra-retard.

-Dave
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Matt Sutter