'70 F100

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

Re: '70 F100

Post by Maverick »

Took the engine and transmission out yesterday morning. The engine and trans together are a LOAD!!

Sure is nice having everything clean and newly painted.

The engine bay on the F150 will be power washed before the engine/trans are removed from that.

Its too cold to work in the garage today.

Just need to remove the V8 engine supports, trans controller and wiring, and fan controller and wiring before the F100 can start to going back together with the 300 I6.
Maverick
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Looks good already!

Yanking everything out of your engine bay, cleaning it, and then painting it can be a real PITA......BUT the end result is almost always well worth it.

If you really want a very nice looking Classic, you've got to go through this process at some point, though.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

As posted in the '81 F150 thread, this project was aborted in favor of the F150. Then the F150 project was aborted in favor of the '78 Lincoln. That's it, no more abortions.

The F100 was "finished" up with the 351W/5.8L engine and electronic 4R70W transmission. My son, that I got the truck from, and who got it back, originally said he'd prefer the 300 I6 but I didn't swap it back in. Good thing. Son just called to tell me "what a good job" I did on the Windsor. :D He's THRILLED with it, really happy with the truck. Sometimes things just work out right. He loves the truck and I love the Continental.
Maverick