Canfield July 13-15 2012

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Canfield July 13-15 2012

Post by MostMint »

I'm planning to vend on Friday and Saturday. Anyone else joining or attending?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Re: Canfield July 13-15 2012

Post by Fred32v »

Right now it looks like I'm come, maybe with a little stuff.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm planning on going on Saturday morning.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'll be there Sat early too.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Had a lot of fun selling at Canfield this year. My children helped with the setup and take down. Kurt was ever refining our presentation and helped get some sales on Saturday for sure. Friday was the best day to sell, but Saturday was close behind this year. Finally sold the 73 Chevelle trunk lid I've been carrying there for like 5 years.

Fred32v hung out with us on Fri. He and Kurt went out and visited all the vendors. On Saturday BP brought his stuff down and sold a bunch of it. Kurt got to go again checking out the vendors with uncle BP. Pretty cool.

Tiresmoker hung out with us a bit on Saturday also.

The weather was dicey on Sat but the most it delivered was mist and cool temperatures so no worries.

Here we are at the start of the event:
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Even though buying traffic Saturday seemed a little slow, I did sell most of the big stuff I brought. I didn't really find anything there to purchase though. It was cool to walk the car corral with Tiresmoker and hang out with Kurt, Rachel and Mostmint. I also saw about eight different people I knew while walking around.

I packed up the truck on Thursday night and on Saturday morning at 6am I jumped in it and it was dead... Seemed like a bad time for the original battery (almost 10 years) to take a dump. I jump started it off the Caddy and was on my way hoping the 90 min drive would charge it up. When arriving at the meet, I unloaded my wares and the truck would NOT restart. Ugh. Luckily the guy next to mostmint's space had a jumper box. Later when I went to leave I had Tiresmoker take me to my truck with his car to help me jump it but it did start (barely) on the second try.

Needless to say I put a new battery in it this morning. I had a coupon from Advanced Auto that saved me $20.

-BP