Ducati ST

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

VeeDub

Ducati ST

Post by VeeDub »

VeeDub

Re: Ducati ST

Post by VeeDub »

It has/ had a hiccup at 3800 to 4000. This is a common issue so I replaced the crappy O.E. coolant temp sensors with Bosch units from a BMW car. Supposedly its the way to go.
We installed a HID lo beam to replace the candle that was from the factory.
Oil change
Coolant change w/water wetter
Gaped plugs
Fuel filter replacement
New in tank lines (Fuel injection hose- submersible rated) + new vent lines
Flush and bleed brakes
General scrubbing and a getting to know it!
To be done this weekend: TPS set. Throttle body balance. Ride :mrgreen:
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Throttle body balance. TPS was set earlier.

This is how its done! MFPS.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

That is slick!!
Maverick
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Balance is done. On to burping the cooling system and putting the fairings back on.
It was a bit nerve racking. That thing is LOUD- In the garage- running the motor up to 6k.
Adjust the balance, than set the idle screws.... back and forth. It was running for 15 minutes. Checking for coolant and fuel leaks.
The adjustments were so fine or small. It was strangley intense?
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

The homemade manometer worked like a charm. I have only run the bike in the garage since the sync. It is way more responsive -& sounds sharper also.
I'm happy with the results. I'm going down to the garage to button it up. hopefully the weather will cooperate for a test ride tomor
Cheers -Chris
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I just want to see it back together again. Ducati's always sound awesome. I love the bike!

-BP
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Basement Paul wrote:I just want to see it back together again. Ducati's always sound awesome. I love the bike!

-BP
ITS DONE!
It rips I thought it was great before!
I got it a little cheaper because "lack" of maintence records.
Mileage now 18,879
Oil and filter- Mobile one 10w-40 4T K&N filter
Brake fluid flush and refill - Valvoline syn
Collant flush and refill - Prestone 35% watter wetter -distilled H2o
Fuel filter change - Wix gold
In Tank lines changed with Gates "submersible fuel injection line" All fuel injection clamps backed up w/safety wire (you know me:)) $$$ line like $25 a foot!! or so cant remember... I'm thinking long term...see GTI 8v thread
Vent lines replaced...same as above
Clean and re oil air filter... K&N style but more expensive (P.O. Installed -Ching)
Installed HID 4500 k low beam (safety) as I ride to work @ 5:15 in the mornin.. Oh.. it doesnt blind on coming traffic because of the projector lense design. And the color is correct so its not "ricey"
T.P.S. set
Throttle body balance... heres where I made the smoothness with.. the
Enrichment pot on the ECU cranked 30 degrees.
Tire pressure set.. now it knives into corners with accuracy and settles at a stop light with justa light dab of my left foot.
The P.O. installed fast by ferracchi pipes and chip,(8 hunny to a 1k ish!) "Heli" bars and these MEATY- no rubber - foot pegspegs- not GSXR
style pins.
Now It cruises at 3800 purrrfectly, no hiccup or protest like before.. It hated 3800~4200 rpm...SEAMLESS!
Suspensions is tight. No complaints

Great bike. My buddys 96 900ss ran (according to the web) 12.1...Mine (web again) 11.3 I believe it... not saying thats what I can do but its faster...or more important to me... "fast enough"
Edit... Corbin seat with a passenger back rest! Oh the P.o. installed a new 48t EVR clutch and I got the clutch tool with it... I inspected the work it looks and feels right, a bike clutch is simple
Last edited by VeeDub on Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Buy one of these. Yes its xpensive. You'll love it though...m y best tool in the box! http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp ... ir=catalog
EDIT* thanks Mike B for the tank bag!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Looks great. I love a Ducati in different colors from red. It's like a silver Ferrari, and just as fast. Nice!

-BP
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Thanks Paul. I couldn't be happier. Its a fun bike. It makes the right sounds and its plenty for me.. It seems to match the speed that I'm at in my life now. If that makes sense. I/ we love it. Molllys comfortable on tha back.. Its bigger than a crotch rocket style so its great for cruising, but it handles the corners great . It should run 11's! Thats fast enough!
I have no problem getting around any one....but actually I just chill out and listen to it :)
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Sense of humor required... :lol:

The "WAPPRCHOPPER"
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

http://www.revzilla.com/product/micheli ... ront-tires

Went with the best. Arriving Monday :D
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Michelin pr-3 front @19,2 . Rear is wearing faster than expected, my right hand must be heavy
coldneck

Post by coldneck »

Lots of work has been happening even though I haven't posted for a while. Oh... and lots of purchases!
Mods: purchased a lightened flywheel. Ive also changed the gearing to aid in the acceleration dept. (those 2 will make a huge difference)
Open clutch cover to reduce operation temps.
A clutch "spider" linking all the the springs for a more progressive engagement..and a little bling 8)
Maintenance: Upgrades the starting/ battery wires to a heavier gauge.
Slave cylinder was failing..and broke. I upgrade from the rubber line and crappy original slave to an OEM slave and SS line from a 200 model.
Added a "throttlemeister" a cruise control essentially
I also got a SS front brake line but- this past weekend found out it is too short. My aftermarket risers aren't compatible with the line.