What do you think of this color/wheel combo on a '69?

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Blue_69_malibu

What do you think of this color/wheel combo on a '69?

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Cheve ... 1100wt_880

While RED has been done ad nauseum on '69 Chevelles and Camaros, I think this looks really sharp. Apparently, it's a 2010 Dodge Charger Color: Mango Tango. It's more of an Orange Metallic.....I think. It jumps out at you contrasted with the white of the snow in the background.

I've never been a big Mopar guy.....but I do like some of their colors....both now and 40 years ago. (Note: Colors don't break!) :wink:
Basement Paul

Re: What do you think of this color/wheel combo on a '69?

Post by Basement Paul »

I think it looks cool. I'm thinking it would take at least $8k to make yours look like that. Removing the soft top and changing the color is big money, even if you really don't need any body work. PLUS, I love the original-ness and patina that your car has. You just can't put that back on later...

-BP
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I agree with BP, I like your car just the way it is. If it were mine I would really enjoy slowly and thoroughly detailing it.
There is no denying that the car looks good in red, BUT a mopar color on a GM car just creeps me out, that's just me.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Looks great. It would not add value to the car - just expense. This is OK if you are comfortable with that.

What about this color: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Corve ... ars_Trucks
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

I'd prefer something more period correct on that car. Smaller Cragars and some 60 series tires would look and ride better. He may have had to go with those big wheels because of big rotors.
Maverick
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Very much appreciate the replies....but I was never really contemplating changing mine over to that. I'm all Lime Metallic/Black Vinyl Top....all the time.

I just came across it "by accident" and thought it really looked cool.....and I thought I'd share it with the group. I'm under the assumption that you'll never see that combo again.

Now, on my "next" car that's another story. :wink: