I'm so stoked!

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Racin'Jacin

I'm so stoked!

Post by Racin'Jacin »

For those who may remember my Cushman scooter project - well the idea was always to bring this with me to the track for the nostalgia meets and frankly I ain't lifted a finger to make this happen until yesterday. I finally got the tape measure out to see what is where. So the IDEA is to put the scooter in the back of my '47 Pickup - yeah I travel kinda lite with my open trailer. The problem naturally is how to get it IN and OUT of there. I need a RAMP of some sort - ah low and behold I already have one (the trailer itself). Of course this plan posed a problem or two - hence the tape measure! So after figuring out that the trailer jack was 4 plus inches too tall - I took my spare and shortened it by that amount (it was FUN pressing a new alignment key into the tubing) anyways with the jack repositioned I can now open the tailgate (barely) to get the scooter out - and now for the icing on the CAKE! There is about 2 feet of space between the trailer and the tailgate - remember that collapsible tongue on my trailer? well it collapses 2' - so the plan is this - Unload the digger - pull the tongue pin - set the trailer brake and back the truck up 2' to collapse the tongue - open gate drive scooter down the trailer - go to concession stand - buy large hot dog with extra ketchup & a rootbeer. Try not to grin too big so as to look extra goofy!!!! I think this is gonna work!!!

I'll update with photos when I get a chance!!!!

Racin'Jacin
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: I'm so stoked!

Post by TireSmoker »

I love it when a plan comes together! :-)

-Dave