1994 Roadmaster Wagon

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

1994 Roadmaster Wagon

Post by Basement Paul »

I just picked this car up yesterday for $300. It starts, runs, drives, and has only 117k miles. I bought it with the sole intention of selling it and it's already on Craigslist as we speak. 32V and I picked it up yesterday just after work with the tow dolly as the car did not have a battery and we weren't sure of it's ability to run as it has been sitting for probably a year or so before I got it.
I cleaned it up a little, but the paint has a ton of oxydation on it and will require more effort than it's worth to bring back to new. It's like there's teeny - tiny little metal pieces ALL over it, and has even stained the windows to the point that window cleaner will not make them clear. I think Kerosene or a real serious rubbing compound and a buffer might bring it around.

Check out my craigslist ad:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1767145107.html

-BP
GMJohnny

Re: 1994 Roadmaster Wagon

Post by GMJohnny »

BP, You do know that the max weight you should tow with a tow dolly is 4000 lbs. don't you??
Don't tell the rental company you got it from that you had a 5000 lbs car on it!! I love that car.
I had such fun with mine. All of my kids friends would die to ride in the "tail gunner" seat in the back.
Sell the Saturn and drive it!!!!!!!!!

GM
markss327

Post by markss327 »

That thing should 'fly' out of the driveway.
Eng and trans alone, are worth your C/L price.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

drop it like it's hot. Hope you can fetch some quick $
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The car was sold before 10am this morning. The guy called me about 15 minutes after I posted the ad. He was to my house in around an hour after that. He didn't buy it that night, but called me around 8am and said he wanted to take another look at it, so he came back at 9:30am this morning with cash. I didn't even switch the title into my name and got asking price. All while this was happening, another guy was leaving a bunch of messages about it.

So this was the quickest turn around I've had, with the least amount of work yet. I think I made more on the '78 Caddy, but it was a lot more effort.

The guy that bought it was from Chardon, so we might see it rolling around.

-BP