2010 BMW 335xi

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TheRookie

2010 BMW 335xi

Post by TheRookie »

Well, it looks like I'll have another BMW turbo project. Only this time, it won't be so obscure like the '84 745i. It got ordered today and supposedly will be here in a week or so. I got the sports package with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Supposedly good for about a 13.6 run.

Future upgrade likely will be an ECU piggyback and intake. Supposed to take it around 400HP and about a second faster for around $700. Likely won't go much crazier than that since it's a lease. But perhaps this is a keeper. With downpipe, exhaust, no cat, race gas, guys have these in the upper 11's. Crazy.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

What color?

-BP
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

It's called Space Gray Metallic. I guess it's already arrived in the US. So should be in some time this week. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

It FINALLY arrived and it's sitting in the garage. I've got a ton to read about all the gizmo's on this thing. I'll give it a few more miles before I spin up the twin turbos :)

Here's a quick pic via cellphone camera. I'll get a nice one later:

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Very nice! Can't wait to take it for a spin.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Are those things really in the 12s from the factory? I saw something on dragtimes.com but wasnt sure if that was stock or not.

-Dave
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

More like 13.6. But easily in the mid to upper 12's with a chip/intake (about $600-800) on 93 octane. I'll pick one of those setups this winter after break in. Not bad for 100hp/100ft-lbs.

With upgraded intercooler, meth injection, upgraded fuel pump, downpipe, exhaust - all pretty much bolt on - there are guys with 135i's going 11.3!

These guys have the most popular setup out there if you are really interested (likely what I'm getting, new version due in January):

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb3pnp.html
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

We may have the first TDR bet of 2010. BP said he'd be surprised if the setup I'm getting will get me in the 12's. I'm willing to bet under at 12.9, maybe 12.8. I think some nachos are on the line.
MostMint

Re: 2010 BMW 335xi

Post by MostMint »

Any updates on this?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Yes, it's gone. Traded it in on a 2007 Avalanche. More to come. I've been gone for a while with life being crazy.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

TheRookie wrote:Yes, it's gone. Traded it in on a 2007 Avalanche. .
What ???? :shock:
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Well, a lot has happened this year. I decided to leave my old job as the owner screwed me on a partnership deal, and then went off the deep end. The BMW was a company car, but co-signed by me. So I was stuck with it and a payment I didn't like. Plus, I always wanted an Avalanche and it's so much more practical for all that I do. Add that into finding a new job (outside of Cleveland), selling a house, building a house, moving to Charlotte, NC, and having our first baby in May. I can't wait for a very boring 2011 :)

That being said, I absolutely loved that bimmer. It's the best car I've ever driven, let alone owned. The motor can be modified into the 11's fairly easily. The Avalanche is completely loaded with every option. I'll start a thread for it soon. I'm thinking CAI, exhaust, and programmer is about all I'll do.

P.S. Technically, I live just outside of Charlotte in Lake Wylie, SC. No emissions in SC :)