1999 Z/28

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

Re: 1999 Z/28

Post by Maverick »

Great ad. If I had a project in need of an engine and trans you'd hear from me.
Maverick
wxo

Post by wxo »

Well, she's gone. The ad worked well. I had about four interested parties, but the first one bought it.

The buyer operates a shop called Big Rooster Hot Rods. He told me he intends to use the drive-train in this:

Maverick and I followed the Camaro back to its new home:

Maverick found a Maverick in the paint booth at Big Roosters.

This could be the end of this thread, but I intend to visit Big Roosters from time to time to keep up with the progress on the Nova/Z28. This is an interesting combination that combines two of my all time favorite cars. Who knows, I might be able to get to take it out for a spin when it's done.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Her body parts will live on in many others. May she RIP. :cry:

Big Rooster had several really cool customer projects going on. Great fun to see them all.
Maverick
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Hmmm. I see you found a good home for the Camaro.
Looks like it will be the heart and soul of that Nova.
Wonder what he'll be asking for it when it's done.
Just a thought. :wink:
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Looks like Fred needs a new summer vacation plan.. :-)

-Dave
wxo

Post by wxo »

This Nova is not really my kind of hot rod. It's tubbed and customized and not really a driver.
It does, however, bring back many great memories of Fred and I duking it out on the streets and strips of Cleveland when he had his big block Camaro and I had the '67 SS Nova. :lol:
wxo

Post by wxo »

TireSmoker wrote:Looks like Fred needs a new summer vacation plan.. :-)

-Dave
Interesting how, sometimes, decisions are made for you.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm really surprised you got that kind of money for the car. Congratulations! Like we always say about pricing at my work, "you can always lower the price later".

Now we'll see if I can be as effective on my next project.... more to come in a few days.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

Apparently I had it in the sweet spot of the price. Obviously, I'm very pleased at how it all worked out. The overall pristine condition and low miles had a lot to do with it.
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

wxo wrote: It does, however, bring back many great memories of Fred and I duking it out on the streets and strips of Cleveland when he had his big block Camaro and I had the '67 SS Nova. :lol:
Now were talkin' any more details?
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Here WXO and I were getting ready to run at TDR. WXO lived in the Cleveland area back then so we raced a bunch. On the strip and on the street. When he acquired his 1962 Corvette with a 350 in it things really got serious, headers, slicks, etc.. There were no Turtles on Rt. 91 between Euclid and Rt 84, That was a long open rural remote straight. Our cars were always very closely matched.

ImageImageImageImage

Notice the race day air cleaner, sideburns, no helmets, and no hub caps.
Maybe WXO has some old pictures. What we did then is not any different then what you guys are doing today.
It's a little about bragging rights, but more about having a reason to play with your ride.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
wxo

Post by wxo »

Thanks for digging out the pictures, Fred. What great memories!
Fred32v wrote:When he acquired his 1962 Corvette with a 350 in it things really got serious, headers, slicks, etc..
Funny you mentioned that Vette. I reminds me that the slicks resulted in a broken axle at Thompson. This was followed by a white knuckle trip home at highway speeds being towed 5 feet behind Al Zapst's car. We are not talking a tow bar here. It was a chain or rope and there was no time to react if he had to apply the brakes for anything. I still remember trying to see through his windshield to prepare for anything that might require the use of my brakes to keep me and the Vette out of his trunk.