1969 Chevrolet C20 Custom Camper Truck

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

AKROVER

Re: 1969 Chevrolet C20 Custom Camper Truck

Post by AKROVER »

Wait. Whaaat?? I didn't even get to see the big tires??? Not nice. You need to consult with me before making such decisions. And for an Oldsmobile? That's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Good luck shopping. Prepare for sticker shock in that year range, but it is always good to get rid of a vehicle while you still like it.
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

It was a good truck... but it was time for its departure...before I had to store it this winter. The guy
who bought it is going to purchase the carrier, ring & pinion & bearings kit I had for it also. Nice!
Now I just have to get rid of the wheels & tires that came with it.

GM
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I really liked that truck, John.....but I think I'll like your future 65-67 Cutlass even more.

Some cars just feel like home...or old friends....to some of us. For me, that's always been a '69 Malibu.....since 1990, any way. For you, it's the 65-67 vintage Cutlass.

Best of luck in your search!
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Thanks, Tony!

The thing about this search that I've found out already is that it isn't like looking for a 2016 Regal.
There really aren't that many of those cars available on the market, geographically convenient, price
ranged correctly, readily available, etc., etc. It might take a while for this to happen, but the search
is a bunch of the fun.

GM
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I spent over four years looking for mine. In the end, it was totally worth it.

We should hit Dragway 42 on a Friday and see if that gorgeous red Olds is back.....and if it's for sale. :)