Chevelle Projects 2014

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Re: Chevelle Projects 2014

Post by Basement Paul »

That's hot.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Chevelle Projects 2014

Post by TireSmoker »

I dropped off the back seat material at Rich's tonight. He's gonna re-cover the seat and said he'd come over here Sunday to get everything installed.

I took it for a quick spin 'around the block tonight' (about 3-4 miles) and it's like driving a different car. It's much more muted/quiet inside, and it's really weird for me to not have a column shifter. But knowing that I can't screw up the 1-2 shift is *nice*.

The only major item left is to get a radio into the dash. Last year I installed an amp and some new 6x9s in the rear. I installed new front speakers in the dash and ran the wiring for everything a few weeks ago. It should be really close to plug-n-play. I'm probably gonna get a DIN style radio, which means I'll have to cut the dash. I don't have any problem doing that, as long as it can be done neatly.

Unrelated, I have a small fuel leak. I noticed a spot under the driver's door this winter. It left a few drips at Rich's too, but I didn't see any tonight when I started it up. Worst case, I have to re-do one of the lines from the tank. I made them from aluminum line way back in '05 and I remember seeing warnings that the aluminum could work-harden over time. I already have another roll in inventory, so it's a matter of getting under there and diagnosing it. Should be a lot easier on the lift than it was the first time on my back.

-Dave