#48 - 2012 Mustang

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Re: #48 - 2012 Mustang

Post by wxo »

I think the stripe broke up the image of the side of the car and made it look lower and sleeker. I liked it the other way. No biggie, though. It's still a nice looking car.
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I think the strip on the passenger side should have been left on
:D so you could decide which side to look at depending on your mode. :D

A really sweet ride, talk about bang for your buck!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Got my "new" used K&N (yeah K&N) drop in filter today. I installed it in about 30 seconds. The inside of the air box is pretty open and I didn't see any real obstructions that needed to be removed, so I left it alone.

I don't know if it will get any faster or any better mileage, but I'll never have to buy a filter again.

-BP
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I like the look w/o the stickers, for what it's worth. Just cleaner, IMHO.

Now, hand me that chopper....... :D
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I drove the Mustang to Toledo and got over 32mpg on the way here... pretty cool. I also Skype-d my wife tonight, I've never done it before but it's pretty funny and it works pretty well. It was better audio than on my cell phone, and I got to see her and my dog too.

-BP
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

:mrgreen:
Maverick
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Love the angry Mustang looking down at the Firebird....

This week I'm stuck in Toledo for training all week. So what better to do, than look at Craigslist for some Mustang wheels:

http://toledo.craigslist.org/pts/3959930945.html

Not sure how long this post will stay up, but these are stuffed in the back of my Mustang right now. I paid $300 for the set. The wheels are very nice and the tires have probably 6-7k miles on them. I'll probably pull the tires off and sell them, or I might just run these and pull my tires off and save them for later. Ultimately, one of these sets will get snow tires on them. What's nice is they're the same as what I have on the car right now so it will look stock.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Today I hit the speed limiter for the first time while I was racing a motorcycle. Luckily I was passing him when it happened and we were running out of space anyway. It didn't take too long to get to 113... I'm going to have to get this fixed.

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Hummmm. Nice Ride! Congrats!
Better w/o the stripes.
Now, when does it get a 1320 run? 8)
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Hi Mark, have a look back at Swap Meets & Car Shows - TRP Sunday 8/4/13.
The weather this coming Wednesday should make the numbers even better.
Unbelievable, a 6 cylinder.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Yea, BP linked me to that post.

9-25 may be the last Wed for Thompson.
I'm gonna try to make it.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Except for driving it back and forth to work, I really haven't done much but change the oil to the Mustang. I did have it in the dealer for almost a week early in the summer for some clunking in the rear and some transmission weirdness. They gave me a rental and fixed the problem at no charge so all was well.
Friday after work I picked these up from a local used tire dealer. They are 17 x 8 factory Mustang GT wheels from a 2005. I've always thought they looked cool, and I think they'll look great on my car. Unfortunately the tires I have will be too narrow for these wheels. I'll be looking at Carlisle for either a nice set of tires or tires and wheels where I can break them down and sell the wheels and keep the tires. I will have to steal my tire pressure sensors off my car's wheels when the time comes, or buy new ones ($32 ea).

The stock rims are 17 x 7 and to me look a little small. I didn't want 18's though because I can't use my tire machine for those.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Unfortunately my phone won't send pictures to my computer right now. So, Friday I turned right out of the parking lot from my work, drove about 3/8 mile up the street and stopped in a long line of traffic. After about 15 seconds of sitting, I look up in my mirror to see a silver Camry closing quickly... BAM!!! He whacked me. His bumper went under mine, tore up the left side exhaust on my car, and some of my lower rear bumper cover. Hi Camry was mushed pretty good cuz everything above his bumper was mangled pretty seriously. Nobody was hurt, but the kid was only 16 and kind of a cry baby. At least he had insurance.

I'm in another Hyundai rental for now.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Unfortunate. Ironic that I had a similar experience once with a Camry. It failed to stop and pushed me into the car in front of me. When I looked in the rear view all I could see was Camry hood. My first thought was my car was going to be totaled. However in my case the bumper cover took a few small punctures and there was some front damage from being pushed into the car ahead of me. I got a check and fixed most of it myself.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

-BP