1989 Firebird Formula 350

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Re: 1989 Firebird Formula 350

Post by MostMint »

IF you contact that guy be prepared for a low ball offer seems like fire sale trolling to me.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

So I installed the 2 relays for the fans that were missing. I only had 2 bolts to attach them where I needed four. Tomorrow I will get 2 more. Although it currently did not help. So I also crawled under the car to confirm that the trans dip stick tube is NOT pushed inside the grommet like it should be. Tomorrow I will likely try to get it to fit. I will then look at installing some manual switches for the fans just so I can try and get the car on the road.
Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

I removed and reinstalled the trans tube. It's installed all the way correctly this time. I also verified that the cooling fans work when supplied 12volts. I purchased some wire, fuses and switches. Now to wire them and then to see if the car moves under it's own power.

I am also considering dropping the price to $2250. I really could use the room in my garage.
Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

sold pending pick up Saturday....
Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's a bit of a shame having an ongoing project like my Mustang. I've missed out on several good deals like this one.

So what's left? Two Bimmers and an Impala?

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Basement Paul wrote:It's a bit of a shame having an ongoing project like my Mustang. I've missed out on several good deals like this one.

So what's left? Two Bimmers and an Impala?

-BP
and the z71 I am giving to my brother Jay. The second M3 will get some touching up and for sale in the spring. Then hopefully in the summer I can upgrade the Impala to an FX4 F150.

here's a deal. offer him $1800. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/thread ... ans-am-ws6
Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm all projected out. Next one will be turn key, with some mild bolt-ons in it's future.

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Basement Paul wrote:I'm all projected out. Next one will be turn key, with some mild bolt-ons in it's future.

-BP
amen
Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

The car is sold. So on Tuesday the guy comes to look at it. Well the car won't start. It started and idled the first time he looked at it. However he decided to buy it anyway.

Today he came and picked it up. We put some gas in it and it fired right up. We also took it off the rollers and it drove under it's own power. The parking brake also functioned. How many 3rd gen's have working parking brakes ?

Well I got tome cash in my pocket and an open space in the garage. One to cleaning up the 2003.5 M3 and selling it then maybe I will look for a possible running/driving flip for fall Carlisle since we have a spot.
Matt Sutter