Car #44

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Car #44

Post by Basement Paul »

This was car #44 for me. I say was because it has already come and gone. I do admit that I've been very busy with work, the new puppy, and the project resale car, so I haven't been on tiresmoke as much as normal.

This is a 1998 Saturn SL2 with 149k miles on it that I bought from a friend who was going to scrap it so I got it for $300. After driving it about 40 miles with only one quart of oil in it, I revived it by doing a bunch of little stuff (sometimes with the help of 32V). A trip to the pull-a-part, a few trips to the parts store and several hours of screwing around turned this into a pretty nice little car. While in my possesion, I put about 800 miles on it to make sure it would be OK. I also put my wife's old all season tires on it (I value those at about $150 for the set). In total, I have about $650 not including my time.

I sold the car this week to a guy at work who was buying it for his niece. I sold it for $1400. I won't get rich from it, but it was a fun little project and I turned a few bucks too.

Here's a couple pictures.

-BP
Maverick

Re: Car #44

Post by Maverick »

Looks like a win win win. Good looking car.
Maverick