TRP 9-20-2017

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 9-20-2017

Post by TireSmoker »

BP, Fred, and myself made it out to TRP tonight for the 2nd-last Wednesday of the season. There was a pretty good car count (I was 129), but the weather was a little warm and muggy. airdensityonline.com said 3200 DA earlier in the evening. Later, sometime after 9:30pm it was down to 2050ish. That's a big change.

Tonight was the first outing for the Blazer! With the aforementioned air early in the evening, it only went 14.38 @ 95mph, 2.10 60ft. It spun a little, not much. Followed it up with a 14.35 @ 96mph, 2.11 60ft.. That was it for time runs. I was slightly disappointed, but 14.30s in that muggy crap wasn't terrible either.

When 1st round came up, the guy next to me was dialed 13.39 and Grant told him he needed a helmet as he's calling our numbers up to the tower. He gets out, talks, starts digging through his trunk, finally gets a helmet on and then we pulled on to the track. So he's all distracted/not focused, I pulled off an easy 1st round win, 14.56 on 14.36 dial, lifting way early and only going 80mph. I got the 60ft to 2.06, and had a .06 light too.

There was some downtime while they cleaned up some coolant at the top end of the track. They re-sprayed the lanes the middle of the 2nd round.
I had a terrible light, but another decent launch, I was waaay ahead, I lifted, and still went 14.20 @ 93mph, 2.07 60ft. 3mph slower, and almost 2-tenths quicker.

Not quite the result I wanted, but I think a little tweaking will get me 13s. So, officially, it's Faster Than a Saturn. :lol:

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP 9-20-2017

Post by TireSmoker »

Obligatory burnout. thanks Paul for the pic!
Attachments
Blazer burnout.jpg
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

"OH YEAH" had over a half tank of E85, so my only goal was to get a trophy. I survived two rounds,
a win in the third would have put me in the Trophy round, but a terrible "RED" put an end to things.
My best pass for the night was 14.74 @ 93.87 mph.

It was fun to see 'Smoke run his Blazer for the first time.
The Blazer ready to party!
The Blazer ready to party!
The Blazer was the feature car tonight and it didn't disappoint.
Didn't have to open and then close headers or change slicks
and when the night was over everybody drove home.

As always, TRP is serious fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I was a little distracted into eliminations by a relatively inconsistent truck and most more distracted with how poorly it was running. I had Hutter's put a tune in it awhile back that would fix some of the nagging issues with the computer system, but didn't figure it would change how it runs. I was over .2 and close to 3mph slower than normal. I pulled a -.02 red in the 2nd round of Animal. Not the end of the world though.

This morning I scheduled an appointment with Hutter's to get it fully re-tuned in the new configuration. In the meantime, I'll probably stop by there and have Trevor put it back to the old tune where the A/C didn't work but it ran better. I'd rather be hot and fast.

-BP