TRP August 9th, 2017

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

TRP August 9th, 2017

Post by Fred32v »

Well, back to the track to see if E85 helped "OH YEAH" improve and boy did they.
BP joined me in the TRUCK Class. Well after two rounds there were only four trucks left.
BP and I were positioned so we won't come together before the Finals.
My .19 lite was in trouble against a .01 and I ran 14.69 on a 14.71 dial.
So sad since he hit his dial exactly while heavy on the brakes.

BP advanced to the Final. This El Camino put up another .01 lite to BP's .04,
but the "Little Red Truck That Could" ran tight on its' dial and the Camino broke out.
The FINAL Reward
The FINAL Reward
I felt Smoke's pain by missing the chance to take on the Little Red Truck.

Congrats to BP on another perfect night, he makes it look a lot easier than it is.

Once again, TRP is always fun!!!

PS: Some time I'll tell you about an ex-marine named Doug,
who was at a drag strip for the very first time! We sure had fun coaching him.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Re: TRP August 9th, 2017

Post by Basement Paul »

Yeah, Doug was a pretty nice guy with a sweet King Ranch Ecoboost F-150. I've had a 14 round win streak going. I know I haven't had that much success in a LONG time, if ever. Racing regularly does help. Every pass that was not on the brakes or letting off was between 12.50 and 12.47. That helps too. I know I've said it before, but I'm having so much fun with this truck. I went into Truck class last night for a change of pace, and I think it was a tougher class than stock, even though there were only four rounds. The first round was kind of a gimmie (she had .9xx light AND broke out), but the other three I had to be on my game. It was fun being the fastest guy in the class too, never having to turn around to see if I'm going to get caught or not.
I did race an 18 second Ranger. He was WAYYYYY out there, but I was able to reel him in too.

-BP
AKROVER

Post by AKROVER »

That is a serious win streak, BP. You and that truck are an awesome combination for this launch and run consistency game. I only wish you would knock me down a notch on the best ET board. I always liked being the fastest in a class, but when you start giving more than five seconds, it becomes really hard to concentrate on your own tree while holding RPM prior to launch. I left almost a second early once because I just couldn't take it anymore, but that was closer to an 8 second differential. Too bad Fred didn't get a shot at you in the final.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

A cold day and my lightweight wheels should take care of your position on the board, but I'm a little worried about losing mine to that pesky green Chevelle with that fancy new motor. I have him with MPH, but he's got me in the first half of the track. Should be interesting as the cool weather approaches.
Somehow, the slower vehicle didn't bother me much. It wasn't until I launched and saw how far ahead he was that I worried a little and also laughed some too. There was a guy in the class dialed in the 21's somewhere. It was one of those VW transporter trucks. Racing that would have been a bit tougher.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

14 in a row is a feat no doubt. I recall winning 13 in a row as I took Animal class two weeks in a row back in 1986. I even beat the mighty Chuppa in that stint! I did not win the event the third week and cannot recall how many rounds I won then. Back in the day...
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Well, the streak ended last night in the (4th rd) Semi-finals of Animal. I broke out by .004. It was a pretty tight race against a mid-11 sec car with almost identical reaction times. I had about .04 worth of room to brake but I didn't lift. The worst part about it, is I dialed from a 12.44 to a 12.45 right before that run, and then ran a .44. It didn't feel right when I changed the number, but I was trying to use my brain and not my gut. Oops. And I had a shot at a bye run into the finals and didn't pull the right card. OH well, it was a good run, and makes me feel better about running with the big boys.
My third round was a win against Gordy Stephens in the Heat Seeker, which I won on the tree with an .03 light to his .08.

-BP