TRP 5-3-2017

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 5-3-2017

Post by TireSmoker »

Tomorrow is the first Wednesday night of the season. All the Saturdays in April were rained out, so this is truly the season-opener. Paul and I are planning on going. I'm taking Tony's Nitto 555R drag radials, which will be my most major change. His drag radials and my old slicks are both mounted on 15x8 Rally Wheels (well, Wheel Vintque repro's), and the radials seem noticeably heavier, but I don't have numbers to back it up. No other major changes.

The high tomorrow is only supposed to be in the mid 50s, so we should have some good air by the time eliminations roll around.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP 5-3-2017

Post by TireSmoker »

Cancelled, grounds too muddy.

-Dave
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I was there, thud.

They need a little "Rain or Shine" drag racing, I'd be good with that! :wink:
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

We'll have to try again next Wed the 10th. With as much rain as we've been getting, I'm still leery of them opening, even though it's supposed to be dry on Mon, Tues, and Wed.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Better late than never I guess... So I did get out to TRP last Wed with mediocre results that were mostly due to a relatively virgin track on street tire night. After about five passes, my best was a 12.34 at 109.36. Although I was able to get my best 60' to date (1.789), I was still being real cautious off the line and every time it would shift into 2nd, I would spin for at least 20'. Not ideal air and even less ideal track conditions. I'm still not real disappointed as I know I can run 12.4's on a real crappy run and still drive home.

I did these times on my BFG drag radials, but have since switched to the "new" Centerline wheels with the M&H Racemaster Drag radial and they stick considerably better on the street. I expect similar results on the track. Plus the weight reduction should help too. I won't be going out this Wed, but am shooting for the 24th where the temps should be a little cooler and the track will have a much better base on it.

-BP